Vix

2 replies

alanhere

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 87 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258104

Hi All,

I’m not a programmer in any way but I was wondering if it’s possible to use the Vix index as part of the trading entries. It would read the Vix index from an external website and if it’s above / below a certain value, will trade or not trade. Does anyone know how to do this in the most simple way for a non programmer?

Many thanks

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258111

there is some implementation to add also custom data, but i can see only function how to add data from only the indicators from the trading platform…

dont know exactly if there is implemented if we want to import the data for example from CSV itself – like COT report, etc.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258222

Hello,

basically you have 2 options now:

1. if you have an indicator that can use COT data to provide some signaling output  you can use this data (not directly VIX) to import it into SQX and build systems based on that “indicator” and its data export into CSV. Check https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/custom-data-indicators/
  2. In case of VIX you have also an option to import VIX data (like for any other instrument) into SQX and build multi-timeframe strategies. It will reference VIX data to create signals for your main trading instrument

Let me know if any questions

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)