Not logged in
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>WFM – Bars Valid: turn off or not?

• #255576 |
    Customer
    64 Posts

Hi!

At the Optimization Report and the System Par. Permutaion we turn off Bars Valid – in the video was this information.
    But at the WFM the video uses “AUTOMATIC” mode, and there is not switched off the Bars Valid I think.

Should I switch off or not?
    I am performing the WFM manually and I would find it logically to switch off here also…

Or should I generate strategies, where Bars Valid = 200? (H1 timeframe) Then it would not have any impact….

Thanks for the answers!

Brg, Csaba

Customer
    337 Posts

dont you mix up the SHIFT with BARS VALID?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    64 Posts

No. Shift is always = 1 at me (does it make sense use another value?)
    I mean really the bars valid….

tomas262
    Administrator
    1180 Posts

Hello,

your question is bit confusing. Generally the BarsValid parameter (under Exit Params) is definitely an important parameter. It makes sense to keep it active to see the impact on the strategy performance

Customer
    64 Posts

Hello Tomas

Thank you for your reply.
    I do not speak about Exit after X bars, I speak about how long an existing pending order valid is, before it will be deleted. See please the attached image.

As I said: in the new video course of SQX (at the Optimization Report and the System Par. Permutaion) we turn off Bars Valid – in the video was this information.
    But at the WFM the video uses simple the “AUTOMATIC” mode, and there is not switched off the Bars Valid – I think.

So the question is: should I involve in the WFM-Test also the in the attached picture red marked value or not? :)

Thank you for your reply!

Best regards, Csaba

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Customer
    337 Posts

i dont know the video, but bars valid is important parameter and if you are doing WFM it should be turned on – my thought, but i am not using WFM :)

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    64 Posts

Thank you Hankeys, I guessed too, because my opinion is, that it is necessary: it does matter if we (let say) keep an order 20 or 40 bars long valid…
    Why don’t you use WFM?

Customer
    337 Posts

by mi findings the WFM is not telling me anything about future and its not adding some more probability to success in the future

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.