Send notification

6 replies

alemanico

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #111579

Hi to everybody. I want an indicator send a notification to my smartphone using this function from MT4. EA Wizard does not include the “send notification” function. What I have to add manually to the indicator to do so? Or is there a script out there that sends indicator signals as notifications?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #122633

Hi,

what exactly do you mean by notification? EAW has Send Email function (in Other actions), so you can send emails.

Alternatively, if you’ll export your strategy as Signal Indicator it automatically allows you to define that you want to receive MT4 or email alerts.

Mark

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

alemanico

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #122655

Hi Mark,

thanks for you response.

I refered to push notifications.

Martin

Jojo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 50 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #123927

Mark, I have the same need as Martin above, though his post was sometime in the past. Yes, the indicator can send emails, but seems not capable of initiating push notifications. i.e. text alerts to Smart phones. Has this been addressed?

Thanks

Jojo

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #123972

Hello,

no, there’s no support for sending smses right now. It would probably require some external library, I’m not sure if this is possible in MQL code.

I’m not really keen on adding some external library to the code, right now we don’t need any.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #124701

I too would really like to see the ability to send PUSH Notifications as an alternative to emails.

Not to be confused with SMS messages, the push notifications get passed to an Apple or Andriod device via the relevant Metatrader App.

I’m no programmer but I don’t believe they require much amendment or any third party library as I have successfully amended an alert indicator that I use by simply changing the SendEmail() statement to SendNotification() and it works like a dream.

http://docs.mql4.com/common/sendnotification

I find these notifications to be a critical aspect of any trading strategy and particularly an automated one.

Many thanks.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #124712

Hello,

I’;m not sure if this notifications function is supported in od MT4 build, but you can use it in EA Wizard also now. Simply use THEN -> Other -> Custom action

and call the function directly.

For example:

Custom Action: SendNotification(“Notification text”);

As I understand it you also need to have MT4 correctly configured in Options -> Notifications tab

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)