The Super System By Russ Horn

8 replies

JC Savard

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 28 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #111608

Hi,

I’m trying to program this basic free system by Russ Horn. http://forexwinners.net/forex/the-super-system/

(it’s free when you give your e-mail to his RapidResult method but the PDF is too big to attached it here, so that’s why I found a url link)

I’m not able to program the end of it… for a part of the stop loss rules (see underline text below) and the profit target witch is at double the amount of the Stop Loss or the short entering rules when you are long

7. Set the Stop Loss below the 34 EMA or the last swing low point.
8. Set the Take Profit at double the amount of the Stop Loss, or close the trade when
there is an opposite signal
given by the 3 and 5 EMAs, 3 RSI or ADX indicators. The
opposite signal here means the 3 EMA falls below the 5 EMA, the 3 RSI falls below
the 20 level and the +D line falls below the ‘“D line.

Can someone help me to complete this System.  Like you see, this is a beginner question but it could help me a lot to understand how you can solve that question.

Best regards,

JC

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #122675

JC,

You figured out how to do the Stop Loss as the EMA.  So good job at answering your own question.  To do the last pivot, then you can choose Highest or Lowest instead of EMA 34 in Customer Indicator(depending if it is a long or short order) and then choose for Period how many candles do you want to go back to chose the lowest/highest price..

To show you how to do the Take Profit, I recorded this video of me doing it.

http://screencast.com/t/a7p6WaJO

Basically, you need to do a formula.  You need Open Price minus the Stop Loss.  Multiply that by two, and then add that to the opening price.  I put it as a seperate rule, because at the time of placing the order, I did not think it calculated the SL. If it does not know the SL value, then it cannot calculate the TP value.  Therefore, it is just safer to put it as a seperate rule.  Then, I am sure that there is a SL value in the order to then use to calculate the take profit value.

Couple of observations on this strategy:

1. It is good to use a magic number as a variable.  That way you can change it one time and it changes it in all the rules.  I added magic numbers for both long and short in the attached.

2. Need to use “Is bar open is True” at the beginning of each rule. This is what tells the EA to go through the logic on the rules right now.

3. In the PDF of the trading rules, it says that the indicators can cross in any order.  And in the indicators, you have to have one of them “cross above/below.”  Otherwise, it will trigger an order anytime you are not in an order and everything lines up instead of triggering the order when it first lines up.  You can try that as well if you like to see how it does, but when I have done similar systems, I found that one indicator needs to say “cross above/below” to be the actual trigger of the order.  

Now the problem with this is that you have to write the rules to cover each possible scenario.  If you do a visual backtest, then you can figure out which of the indicators will actually be the last one to cross.  So let us say that you do that, and you find that the only two indicators that are last to cross are the RSI and the EMA’s.  This means that one time the last indicator to cross could be the RSI crossing above 80.  Another time, RSI is already above 80, but the EMA 3 crosses above the EMA 5.  

Therefore, you need to write the rules for one scenario where the EMA 3 is above EMA 5 and then the RSI crosses above 80.  And you need another scenario of when the RSI is already greater than 80 and then EMA3 crosses above EMA5.  

I have done that in the attached strategy, so you can see what I mean.  

After doing a visual backtest on this attached strategy, two things I noticed:

1. The take profit is too large.  I put a trailing stop in there to try and get some positive trades since very rarely does it hit the take profit.  Maybe you can test other exit methods as 2 times the stop distance does not seem to be a good method.

2. After the initial push, the price action goes sideways on the few tests I did.

Hope this helps you.

-Stearno

JC Savard

Visit profile

10 years ago #122677

Hi,

Your answer and observations were very very informative for me.  I didn’â„¢t knew that one indicator needs to say “cross above/below” to be the actual trigger for the order¦. So I have redone all the 5 rules by having a different one each time that cross above/below like you had begun to show me.  So the conditions to enter are done.

(Thank you also for the formula, I may be able to do another one alone in the future by the example you have gaven me.)

If you (or anybody) want to help again, I still have some new and unanswered question :

I don’â„¢t understand the use of the TAB : EMATrailLong (and Short)?  Why we have to do this?

If I want to make a stop lost with an « Or » condition (EMA34 OR last pivot), how can I do this?  I have created a variable « BarsInRange » for the value of last pivot  (like in the Sample strategy : Range Breakout) that could be usefull but I don’â„¢t know how to insert it in conjonction with the EMA34

If I want to close the Trade with an opposite signal (see first post) ? How do we do that?

Thank you a thousand time!

JC

Ps : In attachement, the upgraded version of this future EA

stearno

Visit profile

10 years ago #122678

JC,

Okay, good questions.

I put the tabs EMATrailLong(short), because I wanted to test a trailing stop of the EMA.  If you don’t want a trailing stop this time, then can delete it.

Okay, now for the either EMA or pivot stop loss.  That you will do in a seperate tab just like the take profit.  Actually, we can combine them and put the Stop Loss and Take profit at the same time.  Instead  using “current stop loss” in the forumula, then wedon’t have to worry about the order.

So we will have the rules say whichever is closer the price (the EMA or the pivot point) then, that is what we will use for the stop loss.  Also, enter the take profit based upon that stop loss as well.

I have done the attached.

For your last question, to close a position, then copy your entry rule.  So, let us say you copy the Short Entry rule.  Those same rules will now be your Long closing rule (opposite rule).  Change the rule that says Order Position is Flat to say Order Position Long Magic Number is Long.

Next, delete the Then statement which opens a market order.  Then, Add a Then statement and choose “Close Position”.  choose the magic number of the Long.  Now when your Short entry conditions are met and there is a long position, it will close that long position.  

-Stearno

JC Savard

Visit profile

10 years ago #122706

Thank you Stearno.  I will look into it very soon….

Your imput, Mark’s imput and a lot of other people imput are very much appreciated and that’s one of the main reasons why I like this company and their softwares, because the forum is active and full of generous people. 

javiersfr

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 39 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #123190

Hey guys,

I’ve been working on your EAs.

The problem I see is Money Management conditions which JC included are not working when I start EA on MT4.

So, when I go to backtest with small accounts (equities below 10K$) the EA blows the account out (because EA is opening 2 lots orders).

Also, I included a Trailing Stop in JC last EA (here you have it).

At then end, I backtested from 2011.01.01 to 2011.02.28 and EA was opening orders as it was supposed but, suddenly it jumped from order # 24 to 88 and the reason of final bankrupt of account was due to order #86 which was even shown in results tab. It’s a strange thing that I wanted to share with you.

I hope some of you can put some light on these matters.

By the way, I’m creating some EAs, what do you think is the best way to share with active members?

I almost forgot: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO YOU ALL!!!!

javiersfr

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 39 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #123191

Sorry I forgot EA.

Here you have it.

yhz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #124487

Hi everyone here,

I really believe this system “The Super System” of Russ Horn, is something that could help. 

But not as a robot doing the trades for me as I wish to check the charts myself just before I enter a manual trade. 

Can anyone here just program an alert that sounds when all conditions are met.

I tried but can’t do it myself. it should be simple.

Just as in the manual of the system. When all conditions are existing on the chart an alert sounds.

best if we can run the ea even if the indicators are not present on the charts if so wished.

can anyone do it or show me where I can find something like this?

Adam

stearno

Visit profile

9 years ago #124610

Just export the strategy in EA Wizard as a Signal Indicator.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)