in bar open position

1 replies

Count-Roy

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 69 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112818

hi,

say how do you tell the EA to enter the market when the if is meet in the bar.

I have tried is bar open = true, I have tried is bar open = false, I have tried not using that option at all and just simply stating the if rule then enter rule.

but nothing works. it EA will always only enter the market after the bar is closed. this is not what I want, for my strategy to work I really need it to act on the exact moment the if happens and not after the bar has closed. for once the bar has closed it is usually to late and the trade is missed and turns into a losing trade.  

I have read the manual a couple of times and I cannot find the section telling me how to set the EA to open or enter the market in the active bar.

in short my Question is: how to set the EA to enter the market at the precise moment the if condition is meet? and not at the close of the bar.

Count-Roy

Visit profile

9 years ago #127218

so reading on the forum I found a post of a similar issue, there it said that the value should be set to (0) instead of the standard (1). and that did fix my issue. kind of.

what I mean by that is, it will change from long to short and back and while in the bar, I’m okay with that. I understand why it happens. but what I don’t understand is why it stops doing it the moment the market moves against the position. which would not happen if it changed direction again like the first few times. all of this in one bar. very strange. 

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127269

By using Shift = 0 you are checking condition on the current bar.

I don’t understand the problem – do you want to reverse your trade from long to short in the same bar and this is not working?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Count-Roy

Visit profile

9 years ago #127310

well, the thing is, that I have set it to if cross then enter in the (0) bar (current) so I see it go one way but then when it crosses back again it doesn’t Always reverse the position. I have it set the same as the moving average sample. so it is always in position.  

that being said. I don’t know if this also happens in normal trading mode. be it demo or not. I am currently only testing everything a construct.

on a side note. I like this program, the EA Wizard is great, a real masterpiece and I have no doubt that the limitations I may have are more likely to come from my lack of understanding in conveying what I want too the program, then issues with the program itself.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #127380

ok, so it sometimes reverses the position and sometimes not?

If you use Shift = 0 then indicator values are recomputed on every tick and you haveto realize that cross happens just once.Once the lines are crossed it is not called again.

So this might be the problem in your case. If at the time of cross the trade context is blocked (for example by another EA or trying to close the trade) then it is not called again and position remains unreversed.

Maybe add one more rule that will check if line 1 > line 2 and if your trade is in the right direction and reverse it if not.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Count-Roy

Visit profile

9 years ago #127390

okay, sounds like a plan,

I just fail to find this option. line.
under which tab can I find this?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #127468

I’m not sure how to help you, could you post your strategy here ?

What I meant is that you can create new rule (tab):

IF line 1 > line 2

and market position is short

THEN

close short position

open long position

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Count-Roy

Visit profile

9 years ago #127472

okay, thanks, that does make it look clear to me.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)