24 GB RAM only?

6 replies

gin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 88 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259774

Why is SQ limited to 24GB RAM, JAVA limitations?

SQ detected and used only 24 GB RAM, whilst I have got 128 GB RAM

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259775

Hello,

neither SQX not Java is not limited to 24GB. What SQ build do you use now? Can you verify your Configuration -> Memory is set to “Let program determine max memory” … if yes, can try to “Set maximum memory to : 48GB”?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259777

i need to always set RAM manually – SQX automatically reserve very few memory

if i have on server 128 GB, i set manually to 120 GB and in laptop with 8 GB i set manully to 6

if i let to decide SQX the RAM is set at very low value and it doesnt make sense to me

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enyx

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 19 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259995

i need to always set RAM manually – SQX automatically reserve very few memory if i have on server 128 GB, i set manually to 120 GB and in laptop with 8 GB i set manully to 6 if i let to decide SQX the RAM is set at very low value and it doesnt make sense to me

And does it make any difference performance wise ?  It seems to me you just creating larger java heap  and thus more work for GC. SQX is pre-caching in memory market and indicator data and it’s just sharing between runs which is cool (but very bad for NUMA servers but that’s other story)

Enyx

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260024

its not about performance but i dont want to end with frozen GUI, because for some of my projects (retesting on 16 markets) i need something like 50 GB RAM – and if i let SQX set the ram automatically i will have not enough

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enyx

Visit profile

3 years ago #260025

ok now it makes sense and excellent feedback.

I did a little research on latest SQX129Dev6 and it seem “Auto memory size” is indeed removing maximum heap size from java launch. Which basically means it 50% of ram.

Does it sound like a new feature request to allow java heap size memory as percentage of memory or variation of it ?

Enyx

Visit profile

3 years ago #260026

Correction: It should be less memory kind of 1/4 ram but it’s platform depended. Do not have time to check in depth but it’s definitely too fuzzy as default.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)