A few questions about SQ – How do I?

6 replies

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113359

Hi,

Having used SQ solidly for quite some months now, there are a few things I’m not sure how best to do, so here goes.

1. Ranking Options – Weigthed Fitness – Yearly consistent profit?

Is it possible to rank strategies so that their yearly profit is a similar (and maximised) as possible, so in an ideal strategy (high fitness), the yearly profit will be positive, high and as similar to other years as possible.  What I’d like to see is a strategy that is consistent in making money from one year to the next – Not have big winning years and big losing years.  Average doesn’t seem to be the answer….

2. Creating range bar data for use in SQ using Tick data from SQ Tick Data Downloader

What’s the easiest and quickest process for taking some data downloaded by the SQ Tick Data Downloader, and creating a file for import into SQ3 as range bars? I’d like to try different range bar sizes (e.g. 8, 13,  21) and use this range bar data to find strategies. 

3. Creating strategies with large stop loss vs take profit ratio

I can’t figure out how the settings should be to allow the generation of strategies which has for example a large stop loss (e.g. 400 pips) and a small take profit (say 40 pips). SQ won’t allow the Limit Risk Reward Ratio to have a larger SL than TP ratio.  I’m looking for strategies here that make small consistent profits with rare large losses, where the winning trades is high (like 70% or 80% wins). How to configure the strategy build settings?

Thanks,

Mike

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128922

Good questions . Im very intersted too..

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128936

1. this is not possible right now,but it will be possible in new SQ4 where you’ll be able to create your own fitness function

2. I know AZ Invest range/renko chart plugins, I think they use tick data to create range/renko bars and you can also use them to trade these EAs on these charts which are not supported by default in MT4.

3. why do you think SQ doesn’t allow this?

You can use decimal numbers in RRR settings, for example you can set RRR to 1 : 0.2.

Then PT will be 5x smaller than SL.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128952

3. is not possible to set. There is a limitation.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129119

I don’t see any limitation there. You can set your RRR to be 1 to 0.2, which means PT would be 5x smaller than SL.

I tried it and it works normally. What exactly is not working when you do it?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Visit profile

9 years ago #129158

Hi Mark,

aaah you are right it works 🙂

Clonex

vostrushka

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 48 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129587

Hi Mark,

I am not quite sure how you set this ratio up.

When I choose 1 to 0.2 ratio I cannot start the generation, the Settings error window pops up:

Limit Risk Reward Ration (SL vs PT) – “from” cannot be bigger than “to”. 

Leonid

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)