How the maximum SL / PT work?

4 replies

AndrEAs SQ

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113503

Hi Mark

I have a problem with various EAs that is hampering me the Money management.
For example. I set up an EA to have a Maximum SL / TP 120 pips, But this EA does not respect these maximums. It Is using a SL over 1000 pips. And although it has several SL dynamic, and really the EA always closes the operation long before reaching those 1000 pips. the problem is that having a SL of 1000 pips, the lotaje that EA would use is decreased, compared with lotaje that it would use when using a stop of 120 pips.

I’m really confused with this. I Attached the strategy to see if you can tell me which is the calculation made by the EA to always reach above 1000 pips of Stop Loss . And besides Why the maximum SL / TP it is not limiting? I think the role of Maximum SL / TP is just that.

Oh, and please correct me if I’m wrong about this: The lotaje with which opens the operation is determined solely and exclusively based on Stop Loss; Never in the Maximum Stop loss, or something else.

Also attached image showing the huge stop loss that is using the EA.

Best regards

AndrEAs

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129464

Just wondering if your data is in putted correctly?

File: gj.jpggj.jpg

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

9 years ago #129470

Yes. the data is correct. It’s a problem of some EAs, but not of all.

Thanks for comment nolube

Best regards

AndrEAs

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129562

Just wondering if your data is in putted correctly?

Is that the settings for 4 or 5 digit quotes? For me it seems like for 3 digit quotes…

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

9 years ago #129565

Hi Adrian

In this pair is 3 digits because its counterpart is the JPY. When the counterparty is USD, I have 5 digit … I do not think that’s the problem .

It may be a bug, or simply a nonsense of mine that I have not noticed. However, whatever is driving me crazy. Jejeje =)

Best Regards

AndrEAs

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)