How reacts the EA if the market jumps the stop loss?

8 replies

AndrEAs SQ

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113544

Hi guys

Have any of you ever happened that the EA puts a stop loss of 75 pips but the market jumps the price and ends closing at 1474 pips away? That’s just what happened to me today in the real account …

I understand that the market sometimes becomes volatile and especially GBPJPY that was where it happened. But why the EA fails to close at 75 pips and then achieves closure after 1474 pips? What happens within the code so he could not close before?

And the important question is: In the code that creates SQ has, or you can create some kind of mechanism to protect ourselves when these events occur?

This is a very important issue because a stop loss which is shifted in 1400 pips, can ruin any account when you least expect it.

PD: It happened with EA which was trading over a year ago without any problem, so this can happen to anyone.

Best regards

AndrEAs

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129637

Hello Andreas,

Every SL works the same – closes at first available price after SL point.

If there was sudden move, there might be possible to close at such bigger SL level. 

EA haven’t got enough time to close at SL lever so server declined to close at such quote. Your strategy will try do the same on next tick. If in time between send order and recivie order by server (approx 200ms) price would change again then it goes on and on and on… 

Seems that You have been on very big move, or Your broker is doing some “tricks”. 

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

davbal

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129638

Hello,
I apologize in advance for English. What is your broker? This is his fault. At my broker price 163.711 ever not been.
Personally, I think that this situation does not give any protection to MQL. But I’m not a programmer.
I looked at your mfxbook and you got one more such trade. The SL was set to 1063 pips, that is correct? Or it wrong set MQL?

David

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

9 years ago #129639

Adrian you’re absolutely right.

Do not ask me why, because I do not understand what happened, I not even I claimed. but the broker just give me money back for that operation, without telling me, and now that not appear me in the operation history.

But although now my account is intact. In myfxbook, the event was recorded, hence the broker can’t erase all.

In the end, this just destroyed my record in myfxbook, but nothing more.

Thank you for your reply Adrian

Best regards

AndrEAs

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

9 years ago #129640

Yes david, you are right too. thank you.

AndrEAs

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129641

So, definitelly seems broker “tricks”. I would think about broker change. 

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129646

Even brokers won’t guarantee orders/stops on gaps, just look what happened earlier this year with the CHF, send a lot of brokers broke and I’m sure blew a lot of traders accounts.

Unfortunately this is the risk of the Forex market.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129674

You are right seaton, but for GBPJPY there was no event which caused a 1000 pips gap at this time. That was a broker error (or a wrong price from one of their LPs which came through the gap filter) by his broker and that´s the reason they´ve refunded him those trades.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129779

Its false data. There was no such move. Get a refund from the broker. Of course slippage happens and there is nothing an EA can do about it but the GBPJPY never moved that much in 1day. Your broker glitched.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)