Not logged in
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>How would you interpret this result?

• #113708 |
    Customer
    10 Posts

Hello guys, how would you interpret this result? Seems a little bit odd.. Does that mean that all the unluck has been in place in the last 4 years?

Thanks

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Customer
    557 Posts

That’s how I would read it, good strategy faced with bad luck.

Customer
    10 Posts

Ok man, i have tons of these… but a wf analysis won’t be accurate so i just should put them in my portfolio? Isn’t there any way in sq to do a montecarlo analysis on a portfolio? Only in pro ea analyzer right?

Customer
    557 Posts

SQ can’t do a montecarlo on a portfolio I don’t think.

I’ve never seen the main strategy be an outlier like that, maybe there’s something weird going on with these strategies. Perhaps some others here have a view on this?

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

it is hard to say what is the reason for this without seeing your exact strategy and MC settings.

it looks like either the original strategy was extremely curve fitted, or there is some strange issue with monte carlo tests.

If you can attach your strategy here I could have a look at it.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    10 Posts

it is hard to say what is the reason for this without seeing your exact strategy and MC settings.

it looks like either the original strategy was extremely curve fitted, or there is some strange issue with monte carlo tests.

I can’t upload here because it’s over 2mb:(

here you go anyway

thanks

data from duka 4h.

https://mega.co.nz/#!jRdA1YTB

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

it is asking me for some decryption key when I want to download it

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    10 Posts

it is asking me for some decryption key when I want to download it

Don t know why. here you go btw

thanks

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gwun99

Customer
    432 Posts

If the main strategy is an outlier like that it´s usually a “wrong” setting in the Robustness Test. Most often it´s the “randomize price” test which works only in selected time frame only method, even if you are testing with tick simulation. Let us know your robustness test settings and I am sure we´ll find out what the problem is.

Customer
    81 Posts

Initially that graph would have said to me that the strategy is likely to perform better in real world conditions than in the original strategy test.. ?? But that just doesn’t make sense..   :(

I have a tonne of these as well, which also happen to be on Gold, but D1.

These are my settings, and RT chart.

Customer
    432 Posts

Uncheck the “randomize history data”, it leads to false results as I mentioned above as it only tests in “selected time frame precision mode” but you are most likely using “tick simulation mode” for your backtests. So that won´t go together and create strange results. I already opened a ticket about this a while ago, not sure if Mark looked at it. Anyhow, if you uncheck that test, everything will look fine, right?

Customer
    81 Posts

Oh History data, thanks I will give it a go.. Didn’t click that was the one when you said price.

Customer
    432 Posts

DIdn´t know the exact wording in SQ by that time as I was on the road, but price/history is the same actually, as history consists of prices of the security:)

Customer
    10 Posts

It worked… 5 strategies in bin now:D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.