How to tell the EA to use price value to offset the movement.
so, what I would like to do is say
first rule get price.
if price has moved (x number) pips
place / close multiple orders and thus different multiple magic numbers
What’s the first condition? When you need to get that ‘price!? 9 o’clock or after MA cross or …? You need to specify
1) Basically you can create variable like “LastPrice” and set it to 0
2) When first condition is true then you set this variable (action ‘Assign Variable’) to Close price for example
3) Then you create second rule where you subtract (using Subtraction() function) current Close and the price stored in “LastPrice” to get difference and you compare it (,=) to some fix value
4) If previous is true you can do some order management mentioned
get time, would be the moment you turn on the EA.
then enter market.
if price has move (x) pips\
open / close
How would I do that?
thanks for the extremely quick reply 🙂
I tried to make an example for you:
1) if you run and there is no position, strategy enters immediately long and stores current time and current price
2) second rule says if position is not flat and difference between current close price and execution price is higher than X pips defined it closes long position
Hope that helps.
First off, thank you for sharing that. nice way of writing 🙂 definitely not something I would of thought of myself.
so what I have added to it, is on the enter market rule a short position as well. and removed the profit target / stop loss values.
then moving to exit market rule.
here I am stuck, because as we exit one order that has moved x pips in profit we which to re-enter with two orders, one long and one short.
this we then wish to continue as the market moves up and down.
in essence a grid would be established.
so what I have done is added a rule and added thens in the two rules you already have made.
as you can see, assigning magic numbers becomes quickly confusing. so what would be nice is a variable that automatically assigns magic numbers.
well, I hope I am making sense and thanks again for helping.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)