The beta4 is amazing.

7 replies

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113785

Just wanted to say that.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130796

Yep, looks fantastic. 🙂

I’ve just started using it, I think I might have found a few bugs, do you know where I should report them so that someone can take a look?

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130800

@Threshold  I agree I love it.  Only downside I’m finding it sluggish and is freezing compared to V3

Bigape

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 41 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130802

Hi guys and Mark could I be also a beta-tester for SQ 4.0 ver.? What should I do?

Thanks

Regards

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #130804

Its on the website. Anyone can download it. Get it just like you would EA Analyzer 3.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130813

we are nearly done with bug fixes, I expect to release the final version of EA Analyzer next week.

Of course, there could be some bugs even after that, but the new EAA will have an auto update mechanism.

I’ll look at the stability and sluggishness too, but I don’t experience them on my computer.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #130817

Thats my only criticism but there is nothing they can do about it. Hard to say its a criticism because its an impossible task, literally.

You cannot possibly simulate percent money management from a MT4 Strategy Tester Report. Stop loss levels are not shown in the report unfortunately (only entry price, exit price, profit/loss), and the simulator also assumes each strategy is risking the same amount. It only gives a very, very rough outline but for me its not what I’m looking for, yet it was fun to see and play with.
BUT
What they did was ingenious, I commend them on that, because they have so little to work with/adapt to with the MT4 strategy tester report. Their simulator is quite a good stab at a solution. Its not supposed to be accurate nor would I expect them to make something that is, because its impossible.

They only way to have accurate results on a % money management portfolio backtest is to have a tester than can test all the EAs on each of their Currency pair all simultaneously all pooled from 1 account balance. Not an individual test for each with an individual account balance for each. I think Forex Tester2 might be able to do this, I emailed them yesterday. (hopefully it can, and hopefully its report can be loaded into EA Analyzer)

Thats basically my thoughts on that.
I don’t want to detract from my original post though. I love it. Its an extremely sophisticated tool.

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #130820

My strategies stop losses are based off ATR. To use fix pips is already very inaccurate and a detriment to compare to real world results of my portfolio, but also they dont all risk the same percentage. Definitely not even near 90% accurate, I personally will not be using it and avoiding looking at it entirely because it will give false indications of drawdowns since its “averaging” “Stop losses”(based off losing trades, many of which may have not even been @ their original SL position do to trailing).

And I’m not speaking of the MM simulator generally, I being very specific about % money management. It is an impossible task. You need testing software for that (it exists), not Strategy Report analyzation software. I didn’t expect a solution. The % MM sim is more or less a play tool. There so much more that goes behind this. I would have to write a 10,000 word essay on all the inaccuracies, especially DD% that will occur. Do not take it realistically.

I am getting a tool that can test multiple EAs on multiple pairs simultaneously using only 1 account balance. I’ll show you when I do (might be weeks) how drastically different sim vs real results are.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)