Open P/L ??

6 replies

JS17

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 73 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113843

If I use the Open P/L function and set the magic number to zero, then does it return the open p/l for the whole account or just the pair it is trading on?

If its the whole account then how do I get the open p/l for just the orders (more than one) opened in the pair that the ea is trading on??

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130968

Hi JS17,

the function Open P/L in EA Wizard as is defined returns open profit for all positions for a specific instrument only

JS17

Visit profile

8 years ago #130969

OK, Tomas, thanks for the answer to the first half of the question what about the second part?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #130974

Since it’s not for the whole account you get the open p/l just for the orders (more than one) opened in the pair that the ea is trading on i.e. Open P/L is symbol/pair specific

JS17

Visit profile

8 years ago #130987

Tomas, I just don’t understand what you are saying Can you give me more detail please??

Mark Fric

Visit profile

8 years ago #130990

Open PL() function has a magic number as a parameter. If you’ll specify magic number it will return open profit of all orders with tis magic number.

If you call it with magic number = 0 it will return open profit of all orders on the current symbol – the one that EA is trading.

It doesn’t return open profit on all trades on all symbols.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

JS17

Visit profile

8 years ago #130991

Mark,

Thank-you for your clear explanation

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)