Murrey Math Trading Strategy

13 replies

MasterSye

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 80 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113854

Hello everyone. Is there anyone here who can give me suggestions on how to make an EA based on Murrey Math indicators? The MM indies I have downloaded have only 1 buffer. If there’s anyone who has MM indie with 13 buffers, do you mind sharing it? I have one MM indie that has all the 13 buffers, but they don’t return any value. Can anyone help please?

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130964

I don’t know anything about EA wizard, but in MetaTrader 4 you are limited to 8 indicator buffers per indicator.  Some indicators overcome this by setting global variables that can be accessed by the Expert Advisor.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #130971

Hello,

Thanks for replying. The MT4 indicators I have about Murrey Math have only one buffers. I would like to use it in making my EA, but I don’t know how to get around it. Can you assist me on how to set global variables? Can you at least give an example?

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #130976

Do you have the source code of the indicator (the MQ4 file) or just the ex4 file?  If you only have the ex4 file and the indicator only has one buffer, it isn’t going to be much use.

I don’t have EA Wizard and I don’t know anything about it, so I can’t help you with that. Sorry.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #130988

Hi. I attached the indicator. Perhaps you can take a look at it, and maybe give me an idea even though you don’t have an EA wizard.

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #131011

I’ve made some modifications so that there are now 13 output buffers (I was wrong about the limit). Please have a look at the output and let me know if this at least outputs the correct values.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131019

Wow! Thank you. I’ll test it right away. Will give you feedback. Can I ask one more favor? Is it possible for you to place buffers in this indi as well?If it’s not too much trouble that is. Thanks in advance.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131020

I forgot to attach the file earlier. 

I just checked the indicator, and they already have values. I have a question though. how come the values in the buffers are 2+ pips higher than the values on the lines/levels at the chart? 

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131021

I think I already have the answer to my question. I hope you can take a look at the pitchfork indi. Perhaps buffers for 1 and 2 pitchforks can be made. It could be a great tool for aggressive entries. Thanks

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #131022

Hi Pitchforks uses ZigZag internally:

if(iCustom(Symbol(),ZZ_TimeFrame,"ZigZag",ZZ_ExtDepth,ZZ_ExtDeviation,ZZ_ExtBackstep,0,i)!=0)

Unfortunately ZigZag repaints (the current line and the previous line are redrawn in real trading), which means although it looks fantastic when backtested, it looks very different when used in realtime/forward testing, where the turning points will be moved and redrawn as the price breaks new highs and lows so that it shows the perfect peaks and valleys.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131035

Hello. I see. So there’s no point in using buffers for it? I’m currently using it for entries. Before the actual turning point (1 to 3 candles ahead), the pitchfork redraws giving me a better view of how to enter the market. There’s one more indicator that I use that has only one buffer. Perhaps you can take a look at it as well?

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #131038

Attach the MQ4 file, and I will take a look.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131041

I thought I was able to attach it earlier. Here you go. One is polynomial regression channel and multi channels. I don’t have the source code for the multi channels though

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131042

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)