newbie with problems

4 replies

FRODO

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113864

Hi

I have just bought the wizard  I am not particularly computer proficient either!!

I have made a simple EA using moving averages to determine the trend

The super trend indicator to find an entry

And the parabolic sar to exit the trade

I would like the fastest moving average to be moving in the direction of the trend ‘“ eg down for a bear trend

I want the EA to check only on the open of each new bar

Also to open a trade on the first candle after crossover of the super trend indicator

The trade should be closed when the pab sar crosses over

I have set the ‘shift button to ‘0   assuming that it will check the current bar (is this correct?)   is the ‘shift button set at 1 as the default for a reason ‘“ rather than ‘0?

I have tested the EA and most of the time it opens and closes the trade within seconds

And it does this at the open of each new bar (when the trend is established)

How do you set the magic numbers to appear in the ‘inputs ‘“ do you need 2 magic numbers for each EA? (1 for buy and 1 for sell)

I have attached the indicator and the EA file

Can anyone help me sort these problems out??!!

Regards   mike

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131013

Hi,

I will look at the files you attached and try to suggest a solution

FRODO

Visit profile

8 years ago #131017

much appreciated

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131055

Hi,

I would like the fastest moving average to be moving in the direction of the trend ‘“ eg down for a bear trend

As you defined your rules it seems correct

I want the EA to check only on the open of each new bar

Add function IsBarOpen == TRUE into your condition. This will ensure that condition is processed only once per bar – at open

Also to open a trade on the first candle after crossover of the super trend indicator

It seems you have it right in EA wizard

The trade should be closed when the pab sar crosses over

Also correct

I have set the ‘shift button to ‘0   assuming that it will check the current bar (is this correct?)   is the ‘shift button set at 1 as the default for a reason ‘“ rather than ‘0?

Shift set to 0 means the very last bar – one that’s being changing as the market is ticking

How do you set the magic numbers to appear in the ‘inputs ‘“ do you need 2 magic numbers for each EA? (1 for buy and 1 for sell)

Every order must use its unique Magic Number. The Magic Number helps EA to recognize and handle the order. You can use any value for Magic Number, as long as it is unique. Each EA should have its own MNs.

FRODO

Visit profile

8 years ago #131085

thanks for that

just testing now will let you know how it is going

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)