How are other doing there WFA + optimisation with MT4

5 replies

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114055

G’day one and all, 

Finally back on deck after finishing some heavy project deadlines at work.

Q:  how are others doing their WFA and optimisation for their EA Wizard Strategies in MT4?  MT4 is such a PITA when it comes to this and is so antiquated.  

Am I better off looking at something else like Ninjatrader for backtesting and WFA of my strategies?

There used to be some tools available on the net as I remember evaluating, however looks like they’re not around any longer and can’t find anything else that would do the job. 

I have started moving towards amibroker for strategy idea viability backtesting and parameter optimisation as it is so fast when it comes to back testing and optimisation, then will looking at implementing in EA Wizard once done, but still in learning steps and having to learn yet another language (SQ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add amibroker export support for SQ and EA Wizard!!!!)

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131962

After build 600+ of MT4, the Walk Forward tools stopped working and seem to be abandoned.  MT4 is really an utter pile of junk when it comes to backtesting and optimization, single threaded, 32 bit, and so slow I swear it is done on purpose.  and have to use hacky tools like Birt’s Tick Data Suite for variable spread, commission and other important aspects.

I’m looking to move to another platform soon, going to learn cTrader and cAlgo, I’m a C# developer, so will be happy to say goodbye to MetaQuotes.

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131963

I hear you

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131976

What do you think of JForex?  I’ve recently started to evaluate it and so far it looks ok.

I’ve never looked at JForex.  Being a C# programmer I’m interested in NinjaTrader and cTrader/cAlgo. 🙂

AlexanderG

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131999

The in-application buys can include quickly so unless you require to devote a considerable measure of money, you will call for the Marvel Future Fight hack.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132029

Only doing single optimization run for whole data. Mark is adding EA Wizard support to SQ and possibly portfolio-level optimization but not sure about the latter part. Just to be able to test and optimize my EA Wizard strategies on single data from SQ is a quantum leap forward over MT4. Very excited for this.

And +1 to Amibroker support in the future! It can backtest and optimize in <30 seconds on an entire portfolio of data. Amibroker's AFL coding wizard is over-simplified junk.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)