How to make “Apply to: Previous Indicator’s Data” ?

3 replies

Zoki

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114241

One of my “specialities” of my strategy is also using “Apply to: Previous Indicator’s Data”, when I add indicator to indicator, for instance MA to indicator, to see indicator’s momentum. How can we program it in EA Wizard?

This would help me to make condition like:

“If indicator crossover up/down its own MA, then…”

I think this can be very strong tool in strategy, so I would really be very happy if we can program this here.

If we don’t have direct commands to realize this in EA Wizard, can anyone help with ideas how to make it in other way?

Thank you.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132940

so you want to apply a indicator on another indicator’s data? you can use Indicator Average to get moving average of a indicator applied to data for example

Zoki

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133006

Tomas262, I remember I noticed that function just a moment before posting question (but wasn’t sure if this is it) and I’m glad you suggested the same. I implemented it, not completey sure if it worked 100% as I imagine, but I guess it works, because I used it between the other rules and number of trades reduced, so it seems it worked well. I will try separate example to test just this rule.

Thank you for answer!

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133565

@Zoki,

In SQ3.8 now, You can set the previous indicator’s value as the custome indicator.

For example, MA(close,20) as the main indicator, and the MA(close,20)[5] (moving average of 20 shift 5 before) as the custom indicator and import the ma(close,20)[5] ‘s value to SQ from MT4/MC/TS/NT. Then you can use the ma20 and ma20[5] toe generate strategies.

And I have heard that In the futures SQ4, This would become more convenient. But I am not sure.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)