Valuation of running strategies

14 replies

tbu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114437

Hello,

I have a portfolio of serveral strategies and trade it in real. Dont you know, how to evaluate which strategies is good and which one is bad?

1. There is a “Total P/L so far” in MT4 screen, that is counting P/L but sometimes counter is cleared, I dont know why.

2. Every trade has a ticket. Is it possible to say which strategy is it for?

Could you help me, please?

Thanks

Tom

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134004

😀 very good question (Dont you know, how to evaluate which strategies is good and which one is bad?)

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134005

Simple.., by MagicNumber.., save as HTML and view the stats.. 🙂

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134021

yes as Karish has said export results based on magic numbers  and import the results into SQ Analyser.

In EA Analyser MC analysis the results should not have gone past your worse case DD

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #134033

yes as Karish has said export results based on magic numbers  and import the results into SQ Analyser.

In EA Analyser MC analysis the results should not have gone past your worse case DD

So we find yout the strategy is wrong when it get the worst case of MC Analysys.(and we loose  a lot of money..)

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #134036

Reoptimize your strategies more often.

tbu

Visit profile

8 years ago #134062

Simple.., by MagicNumber.., save as HTML and view the stats.. 🙂

Thank you for your response. However, I dont know what to save where from. If I save “Detailed report”, you have a list of trades, but not magic numbers…

Could you explain it to me, please? 

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

Tom

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #134064

try to enable comments, and if you set a comment on every strategy of your portfolio you should see what im talking about, remember to set a comment of the magic number you use when you start trading with your portfolio, otherwise you will get it all messed up.., hope it helps good luck.

tbu

Visit profile

8 years ago #134077

try to enable comments, and if you set a comment on every strategy of your portfolio you should see what im talking about, remember to set a comment of the magic number you use when you start trading with your portfolio, otherwise you will get it all messed up.., hope it helps good luck.

Hello Karish,

where should I enable comments? My strategies have set “Customcommnents”, that are not showed in the reports. 🙁

thanks

Tom

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134101

This is my problem to.

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #134102

I use attached script, move it to scripts folder in your MT4, restart and thank look in Experts/files. It create csv file with magic numbers. It is from internet. But it can not be opened in Quant Analyzer.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #134103

Hello Karish,where should I enable comments? My strategies have set “Customcommnents”, that are not showed in the reports. 🙁

thanks

Tom

tbu

Visit profile

8 years ago #134132

Hi Karish,

thank you very much 🙂

Tom

Patrick

Visit profile

8 years ago #134141

My problem  in QA is that im using comments in MT4 but imnot able to seem them after importing to QA… Any solution?

Ask Tomas262 or Mark Fric to add Magic number in statistic?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)