how to set stop loss to highest high of previous 5 bars when selling at market price

9 replies

Brett Schneideman

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 34 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114593

Hello, 

I would be most grateful if someone would explain to me the way to set stoploss at highest high of previous 5 bars when selling at market ( or lowest low of previous 5 bars when buying). I suspect this may be very simple but currently beyond me.

Thanks in advance

Brett

Brett Schneideman

Visit profile

8 years ago #134671

ok, As often happens, I think I figured out how to do this using the custom indicator “Highest, Lowest”. But is it possible to set the stop loss to Highest (5) plus say 2 pips. How?

Cheers

Brett

antonioCB

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134680

Salve

E’ possibile Creare un EA con Stop Loss  (buy e sell) che si apre alle ore 21,45 e che si chiude il giorno dopo alle 08.05. Lo stop loss deve aggiornarsi in automatico, senza uscire dal trade. Il broker chiude alle ore 22.00 e riapre alle ore 8.00 del giorno dopo. Ho provato con EA Wizard ma non ancora riesco ad ottenere ciò. Inoltre potete segnalarmi un utente italiano che usa Ea Wizard. Grazie.

P.s. Traduco con google Traslator ( perdonate ma non parlo Inglese)

Hello

E ‘can create an EA with Stop Loss (buy and sell) that opens at 21.45 and closes the next day at 08:05. The stop loss should be updated automatically without leaving the trade. The broker closes at 22:00 and reopens at 8:00 am the next day. I tried using EA Wizard but still can not get it. In addition you can signal me an Italian user that uses Ea Wizard. Thank you.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134681

You need to use ‘custom price level’ for SL and Addition function. See screenshot

antonioCB

Visit profile

8 years ago #134683

Grazie mille

E’ molto professionale. 

Scusa ma non potresti spedirmi la strategia così capisco meglio …Ti chiede gentilmente se puoi mandarmi anche altre esempi. :huh:

Ripeto la necessità se ci sono utenti italiani con cui comunicare. Grazie

Brett Schneideman

Visit profile

8 years ago #134688

Thank you, Tomas… explains it perfectly. What a good resource EA Wizard is, best trading aid I ever puchased.

Brett

TJJ

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #273953

Hi sorry to pull out this thread again.

What if I wanted to have a stoploss at highest high of previous 5 candles + 3 pips?How can i set that as a stoploss?thanks!

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #273967

maybe you can make your own template or edit your strategy…

you set stoploss to price level and set the formula like this

Highest(high)(5) with shift 1 + FixedPips(3)

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

TJJ

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #273998

That helps alot!Thanks!

ggiang

Visit profile

2 years ago #275072

Wow, I cannot believe I only just discovered how to do this. What a great piece of software!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)