How does an EA really access indicator data ?

2 replies

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115413

I have a custom indicator that I am trying to utilise in EAWizard.

When the indicator is added to a chart it starts to collect live ticks and apply various calculations to them. If the indicator is removed from the chart the accrued data is obviously lost.

My question relates to the ability to access the data from this indicator live within an EA. Can the EA keep an indicator running so that the data can be accessed or does it continuously open/close the indicator ?

I would be interested to know if there is a better way to utilise such an indicator, maybe incorporate the code within the EA rather than using custom indicator import ?

Any help / insights would be much appreciated.

MantaDiver

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138630

Do you have the source of the indicator (MQ4) or just the EX4?

Because, the only way to access data from an indicator is through the indicator buffers.  Internally collected ticks in an indicator would be internal to the indicator.   When an EA uses an indicator, it is not unloaded unless the parameters passed to the indicator change, from one call to the other.

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138638

Yes I do have the source.

Many thanks for:- “When an EA uses an indicator, it is not unloaded unless the parameters passed to the indicator change, from one call to the other”. I searched the web for that information but couldn’t find it. Knowing the indicator is loaded means that it can work. I’ll keep at it. Thanks again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)