Drawdown sentry

0 replies

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115438

MQL4 programmers looking …

where is introduced AOS, which displays information about all the strategies placed on the account

my ideas:
– run this AOS on VPS and calculate real data from the strategies running on current account 
– Let us have a CSV file with 4 columns – magicnumber, drawdown (DD), montecarlodrawdown (MCDD) and finally “percentage” – this CSV we will create by our own… we just need to get the info from CSV to AOS, so it can compare real DD through the DD or MC DD…so some import funkction is needed…is this possible to program in MQL4?

So we run this AOS on VPS sideways a trading platform, it reads info from a CSV file, and will watch and count the drawdown of strategies in alphabetical order

The first version should have these columns:
– Name strategy – from the filename MQL, or also from CSV … it will probably be easier
– The market – from magicnumber, the first two places according unification syntax (eg. 8 digit magicnumber 1101XXXX – where 11 in the beginning represents EURUSD)
– TF – from magicnumber, another two places from magicnumber – the same as previous 01 – means H1, 24 – D1, etc.
– magicnumber
– Net profit (+ green, red -)
– Open profit (+ green, red -)
– DD – from CSV file
– MC DD – from CSV file
– Current DD – calculated according to trades (3 colors)
– Percentage – from CSV file

Use:
– Compare current real DD against backtested DD and MC DD – 3 colors – GREEN we are under both values (DD and MC DD), ORANGE – we are between DD and MC DD, RED – real DD is over MC DD
– Sending alerts and emails in case of exceeding DD and MC DD
– Percentage – for example – to a CSV file I will write 50 – a drawdown sentry would send email – the strategy XXX reaches a value of 50%, it is candidate to put the strategie to a live account – I want to use strategies in live trading, which are in some DD to reduce the risk

It will have great use in real trading and especially also for monitoring strategies on demo accounts … into future versions we could add almost anything, filtering, sorting, and other columns, etc.

Can I found someone who would like to create this?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.