How to test for rising or falling indicator?

2 replies

Sparky

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115674

Forgive me if I’m missing something basic here, but how does one create test conditions for an indicator having a rising or falling slope (i.e greater or less than the prior bar)?

1. Random generation does not appear to be testing any of my imported custom indicators for this condition. 

For instance, I have an oscillator, but the program will only test absolute levels such as Oscillator < -5 or > 8.

2. I can’t see anyway in Create Strategy of doing this. If I select

Custom Indicator = Lowest  in  2 bars 

I get an error message saying that Left and Right parameter (number-price) must be of the same type.

Must admit I’m stumped on this.

Can you shed any light?

Thanks.

Sparky

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139795

Just to clarify: my question concerns running these tests on custom indicators only (I know how to do it on the resident indicators). I cannot see anyway to accomplish this on custom imported oscillators.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139801

Hello,

this is theoretically possible. You would need to have a custom indicator that directly indicates the angle you need but I am still not sure whether the current version would produce what you need. This will be solved with the new version 4 which will include strategy and building block wizard. You will be able to define rules for such indication and use optimization for it

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)