Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums>EA Wizard>Make my EA>EA Does not work with Different TimeFrames at the same time

• #116055 |
    Participant
    1 Posts
    Hello everyone, I am kind a new guy here.

I have tested my EA on multiple time frames. I use H4 and H1 in the same EA. The thing is that no matter what I choose during backtest, H4 or H1 time frame, the EA fails to do it’s job…

The system is easy. Just take a look at the buy / sell rules. Put same indicators on MT4 with same settings and You will see that all this should work… But it fails..Can any of You please explain me why this EA fails to work by the rules? Even if I load it as indicator in the Chart, the EA shows different entries on H1 and H4…. Simply I think it is looking only to 1 time frame at the time, not both H1 and H4. But why…? 

Oh, right, there are only buy / sell rules, but this is only for testing entry points…

2349 Posts

Hello,

I have sent you an email about this

Customer
    48 Posts

Hi Tomas

I face the same problem, can Wizard work on two time frames ?

H4 – Fast SMA crosses above Slow SMA and
    M15 Fast SMA crosses above Slow SMA

Then Buy

Thanks

Administrator
    173 Posts

Hello,

yes this should work but bear in mind such cross overs rarely happen simultaneously on H4 and M15 so you get very few signals in my opinion. Do you have any problem running this?

Customer
    48 Posts

I check the signal Manually and it should have many trades

Attached is the *sqw file, You try it on USDJPY,

Please advice, thanks

Customer
    48 Posts

Ironically I can’t attache EA Wizard file *sqw in an SQ Forum ….

Upload Errors:
    2 DATS Double TF MA Crossover.sqw: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Administrator
    173 Posts

Hello,

please attached the project ZIPed or send it to support@strategyquant.com I will check it

What timeframe do you run this multi-tf EA on?

Participant
    5 Posts

Hi tomas,

I have the same problem. The code is taking the current time frame (15 min) ATR and Range instead “Daily time frame”.

“((HighD[0] – LowD[0]) > ATR( PERIOD_D1 , 5 ))

Administrator
    173 Posts

Hello,

I have tested this and get correct values of daily range and ATR (daily timeframe). If you have issues with your EA please attached ZIP file or send to the support@strategyquant.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.