Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>AlgoWizard / EA Wizard>Application Support>Move Stop, Breakeven, trail stop etc…

• #111223 |
    Participant
    22 Posts

Hi all,

I’m a little unsure how to use these features: Move Stop Loss To Break Even…Break Even Add Pips…Trail stop… TS Activation Level…Exit After Bars…

Also some of these are self explanatory… does anyone have a compreshensive method of using just some or all of these features?

I tried experimenting with the setttings but its hard for me to work out if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing…

So I was wondering what would the proceedure be to test each of these to see they actually work, I’ve tried quite a few combinations but I dont seem to be getting the desired results…

Does anyone have some real life examples to share that use any or all of these?

Thanks in advance :)

Participant
    22 Posts

Im not getting the results i need with these settings, Mark, can you please do some videos, they only take 10 minutes to do..

I wonder if we can have a thread: Video Tut Wishlist

for the practical stuff, then you’ll know what we need. :)

Thx

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

Hi,

Move Stop Loss to Break Even – this setting means that the EA will move SL to the entry price when strategy is given number of pips in profit

Break Even Add Pips – this means that when the SL should be moved to entry price, it is moved Break Even Add Pips higher, to protectsome small profit.

So for example, if you have:

Move Stop Loss to Break Even = 20

Break Even Add Pips = 5

when the trade is 20 pips in profit, it will move SL to entry price + 5 pips.

Trailing Stop – is a classic trailing stop that trails SL X pips from the current market price. It is normally first activated when the trade is in profit

TS Activation Level – you can set when the trailing stop should be activated.

For example if you have:

Trailing Stop = 50 

TS Activation Level = 20

the EA will wait until the trade is at least 20 pips in profit, and then starts trailing SL 50 pips below current market price.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.