Can we auto-delete strategies from a databank that have already been retested?

4 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267476

The Situation:

• I have a custom project that keeps crashing at a particular task.
  • This task  runs a multi-market cross check on Databank A, and populates Databank B (based on my criteria)
  • Databank A has 4000 strategies

The problem:

• The task crashes after retesting about 2000 strategies (with 600 strategies passing passing the filter to Databank B).
  • Everytime this crashes and I restart SQX, i see the 600 strategies in Databank B
  • Unfortunately, I need to restart the task AGAIN, to test all 4000 strategies again.
    • (Even though 600 already passed)

My Question(s)

• Is there some way to delete strategies from the original databank that failed?
  • Or there some way to retest ONLY the strategies that were not retested?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267514

“delete failed strategies from databank” in ranking tab?

or dont use 4000 strats, try it with 1000 only and 4x repeat

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #267520

Yeah I ended up breaking this up into 4 different passes.

There was an issue with the 3,545th strategy that causing it to crash.

Ideally there should be a way to filter strategies from one databank based on another databank. Maybe in a future version.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267550

As for the crashing, we would like to investigate what causes taht. Could you please add more details into our roadmap? https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks/new

Please also attach the project with config and a log from the day it crashed. It can be found in the StrategyQuantX/user/log/StrategyQuantX folder

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #267554

Hi Thomas,

Done.

I added the log file.

I added gave a little detail in the ticket, but unfortunately I no longer have the SQX or config files.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)