Can we do it like Tomas Nesnidal?

6 replies

AndrEAs SQ

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192077

Hello

I have been reading some articles by Tomas Nesnidal, and there is something that has piqued my curiosity. Most of its successful automatic trading strategies (ATS) operate on the basis of two Time Frames. He uses the short TF for the basic idea of the strategy, and the big TF as a superfilter that discards operations that are against the general trend of the market. look the pictures:

The question are: in SQ4 is it possible to create strategies that review two Time Frames at the same time and can be used in MT4? Or is this only possible in Tradestation? Or even, is it not possible to achieve that with SQ4 for none platform?
Or, When we talk about that SQ4 will have the possibility to do analysis, Multi market and multi TF, is this what you are referring to?

I do not know how he does that, maybe because I’ve always been limited to MT4 and is something that can only be used with Tradestation, I do not know.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

AndrEAs

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192082

Hello,

Tomas’s approach makes a lot of sense. He cares about “context” in which entry signals are appearing. SQ4 will support multi-timeframe evaluation and I think even for deciding on entries/exits. Expert advisors in MetaTrader can easily reference higher timeframe data so the support can be available even for MetaTrader 4/5

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

6 years ago #192090

Hello,

Tomas’s approach makes a lot of sense. He cares about “context” in which entry signals are appearing. SQ4 will support multi-timeframe evaluation and I think even for deciding on entries/exits. Expert advisors in MetaTrader can easily reference higher timeframe data so the support can be available even for MetaTrader 4/5

Great news!
In current SQ4 Beta 4 is that running, or is it scheduled to be added in the future?

Thank you Tomas

AndrEAs

[email protected]

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 78 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192112

Hi Andreas!
SQ4 B4 already implemented it. but it seems it has some bugs. So I’m waiting for the next B5 version.
But as I know, MT4 backtester has its own limitation, so multiple symbol test cannot be performed.

Malim

Malim

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

6 years ago #192128

Hi Chaeseok, it’s good to see you! Thanks for replying. I was waiting until SQ4 would be more mature before making the transition from SQ3 to SQ4, but I think I’ll start using it more often.

As for the limitations of the MT4 Backtester, the only solution I can think of is to skip that test, and instead of that, just wait more time in the demo account before going to real account.

AndrEAs

[email protected]

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 78 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #192156

And maybe, we can use MT5 for strategy test!
MT5 supports multisymbol backtest. if it works well there, we can convince that the strategy will works well under same market environment.

Malim

AndrEAs SQ

Visit profile

6 years ago #192159

And maybe, we can use MT5 for strategy test!
MT5 supports multisymbol backtest. if it works well there, we can convince that the strategy will works well under same market environment.

I had not thought of that possibility, I will have to try the MT5 Backtester, but if that works well with Multisymbol / TF it is a very good idea.

AndrEAs

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)