Not logged in
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>Default spread and slippage

• #270208 |
    jpcoder
    Customer
    27 Posts

The instruments in the Data Manage have a default set for spread and slippage.  What is this used for?  Is there a means to have the builder and other steps use these default values instead of setting them manually in the builder settings?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1827 Posts

Hello,

you can have them pre-defined using the Instrument Manager. That’s the point for those setting fields. Anytime you want to build on EURUSD for example you will have those default values set automatically. For any build though you can adjust those values directly in the  Builder -> Data tab

jpcoder
    Customer
    27 Posts

Ok, I see what it is doing there now but that was not what I would expect.  What I was expecting was a way to set the builder (or retest tasks) to default to the values in the Data Manager and if the values changed in the Data Manager then they would affect the build/tasks unless a specific value was set.

As it is right now, if I use the “Modify symbols” feature on a Custom Project and change to a different instrument, will that process automatically bring in those default values?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.