Default spread and slippage

5 replies

jpcoder

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 29 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #271186

The instruments in the Data Manage have a default set for spread and slippage.  What is this used for?  Is there a means to have the builder and other steps use these default values instead of setting them manually in the builder settings?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #271304

Hello,

you can have them pre-defined using the Instrument Manager. That’s the point for those setting fields. Anytime you want to build on EURUSD for example you will have those default values set automatically. For any build though you can adjust those values directly in the  Builder -> Data tab

jpcoder

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 29 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #271306

Ok, I see what it is doing there now but that was not what I would expect.  What I was expecting was a way to set the builder (or retest tasks) to default to the values in the Data Manager and if the values changed in the Data Manager then they would affect the build/tasks unless a specific value was set.

As it is right now, if I use the “Modify symbols” feature on a Custom Project and change to a different instrument, will that process automatically bring in those default values?

Ed Cas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274760

Hello,
Please let me know how to set the spread on Futures, since there are no pips.For example the E-mini  runs with a 1 Tick Spread , that corresponds to $12.50 , but there are 25 points in ONE tick .
IN  FOREX: the spread is set as number of pips not points. So considering the quotes you show you should set 4.7 (pips) spread in SQX.
Considering the above , then the Spread on the E-mini should be set to 1 In SQX?

E Castro

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #274783

Hello,

yes, for ES (E-mini S&P 500) you can set 1 for the spread. 1 equals 1 tick = $12.5

Ed Cas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #274790

Thank you.

What about for stocks?

For example if the stock trades with $0.10 cents spread then the spread there should be set to 1 as well since the tick move is most of the time $010 cents?  AQX will make the mathematical accommodations?

E Castro

tomas262

Visit profile

2 years ago #274791

Hello,

it differs stock by stock. If average stock volume is above 1M you can expect spread about 0.01 – 0.03

For less liquid stocks it can be 0.1 or more

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)