GPU Support

1 replies

Mihail Stoyanov

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278085

Hello, as testing I saw the software is using cpu cores for generating and testing strategies.
It will be 100 times faster if using GPUs instead of CPUs… so far I only saw this link, but it isonly used for visualization purposes (GPU Acceleration).

Do you have such functionality or do you intend on making such?
I tested your product 2 years ago and now started testing it again. I would like to create a wonderful SEO optimized affiliate site for the StrategyQuant, targeting Forex traders. I traded since 2010, trying various strategies and developing my own EAs. Market is huge and most traders aren’t aware of your product. Very excited with the opportunity! But GPU strategy processing instead of CPU will bring tons of new clients!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278094

Hi,

it’s been discussed many times. The GPU unit is not the best option for genetic programming calculation used in StrategyQuantX. Nevertheless the request has been made already here https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_2985 so you can upvote. Nowadays user prefer using server CPU with tens of cores that work really well with overall speed and performance

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)