Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory to speed up the generation

6 replies

samuel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240475

As title,

Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory so that i can speed up the strategies generation?

SQ only use my half size of total memory, i want to use more memory to efficient generate strategies…

Has any suggestion?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240492

Hello,

you can increase the population size in genetic options and/or number of islands. Bigger population means more diversity and higher change of finding a good candidates within a build

samuel

Visit profile

5 years ago #240501

In configuration, i set maximum memory to 46GB

but it is only 50% memory utilization even if i increase the population to 200 or island # to 8

Do you have any suggestion?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240505

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU

if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

samuel

Visit profile

5 years ago #240512

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

To use much more memory, it might avoid unnecessary calculation so that CPU can do more important tasks.

In that case, I think It’ll be faster.

But i don’t know how SQX work… so no idea about this

samuel

Visit profile

5 years ago #240514

If the case is not existed, it’s just like you say that i cant run quickier the generation

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240524

you can run quckier setup – but not with more memory – its about data, how long your IS and OOS are, how many building blocks are you using and other settings.

Also how do you set up the genetics gen. etc.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)