Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant (formerly named Genetic Builder)>General Discussion>Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory to speed up the generation

• #240475|
    Customer
    25 Posts

As title,

Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory so that i can speed up the strategies generation?

SQ only use my half size of total memory, i want to use more memory to efficient generate strategies…

Has any suggestion?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1085 Posts

Hello,

you can increase the population size in genetic options and/or number of islands. Bigger population means more diversity and higher change of finding a good candidates within a build

Customer
    25 Posts

In configuration, i set maximum memory to 46GB

but it is only 50% memory utilization even if i increase the population to 200 or island # to 8

Do you have any suggestion?

Customer
    144 Posts

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU

if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

:) [b]You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM[/b]

Customer
    25 Posts

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

To use much more memory, it might avoid unnecessary calculation so that CPU can do more important tasks.

In that case, I think It’ll be faster.

But i don’t know how SQX work… so no idea about this

Customer
    25 Posts

If the case is not existed, it’s just like you say that i cant run quickier the generation

Customer
    144 Posts

you can run quckier setup – but not with more memory – its about data, how long your IS and OOS are, how many building blocks are you using and other settings.

Also how do you set up the genetics gen. etc.

:) [b]You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM[/b]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.