Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory to speed up the generation

• #240475|
    Customer
    23 Posts

As title,

Is there a setting of genetic using much more memory so that i can speed up the strategies generation?

SQ only use my half size of total memory, i want to use more memory to efficient generate strategies…

Has any suggestion?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1116 Posts

Hello,

you can increase the population size in genetic options and/or number of islands. Bigger population means more diversity and higher change of finding a good candidates within a build

Customer
    23 Posts

In configuration, i set maximum memory to 46GB

but it is only 50% memory utilization even if i increase the population to 200 or island # to 8

Do you have any suggestion?

Customer
    197 Posts

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU

if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    23 Posts

more memory doesnt mean quicker generation – its more about CPU if your CPU load is 100% you cant run quickier the generation

To use much more memory, it might avoid unnecessary calculation so that CPU can do more important tasks.

In that case, I think It’ll be faster.

But i don’t know how SQX work… so no idea about this

Customer
    23 Posts

If the case is not existed, it’s just like you say that i cant run quickier the generation

Customer
    197 Posts

you can run quckier setup – but not with more memory – its about data, how long your IS and OOS are, how many building blocks are you using and other settings.

Also how do you set up the genetics gen. etc.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo account SQX demo acc. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.