Quick portfolio cleaning

2 replies

Roberto

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #233150

An easy way to diversificate a portfolio of 100 strategies could be this one:

Apply a filter in the correlation tab to delete one of the strategies with more than x correlation as showed into te picture attached.

Portfolio Master is the best solution for a low number of strategies, but if you have a portfolio of 100 strategies or more it’s not usefull.

An other option could be to create a “Weighted Porfolio”. A button next to “Create Portfolio” could be “Create weighted portoflio”.

When you click, it get the highest net profit and calculate a multiplier for each of the other strategies in order to normalize the net profit and then create the portolio.

For example if I have a strategies that profit 10k and a strategy that profit 1k, the portfolio result will be very next to the equity of the first strategy. So it’s not possible to evaluete how the 2 strategies works togheter.

But if I multiply 10 times the second strategy before creating the portfolio I will have a “weighted portfolio” with the real result.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #233175

+1

Jorn Conney

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #233301

Sounds like a great idea..Good thinking

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)