Retester Databank Reload Speed

4 replies

Jason

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 69 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258388

After launching the software and opening Retester it is taking quite a long time to reload the databanks with the previously saved strategies that I am still working on.

I have 7000 strategies in the retester results tab from a previous build session. Is it normal for it to be quite slow, for example 15 to 20 minutes for 7000 strategies?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258399

why to store that much? if there are also MC tests in the strategies, or SPP, WFM, etc…imagine how much data is stored in 1 strategy

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Jason

Visit profile

3 years ago #258403

Fair point. So for the initial results do you export to a save file after initial testing?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258413

i am working mostly with custom projects, where i have already full workflow described by the tasks (every filtering, MC tests, whatever)…so i am getting to the databanks only “final” strategies

so i am not saving 10000s of strategies, but only a 100s and after that i am only doing some final filtering manually

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Jason

Visit profile

3 years ago #258432

Ah I see, yes that sounds more efficient. As I get more proficient with the software I think thats what I’ll be aiming to set up. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)