time break

7 replies

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259554

could someone write in the algowizard this simple EA

1) compute range of M15 candle from 10:00-10:15

2) place buystop and sellstop on the range high and low

3) wait for the break to the one side, if the one pending order is filled, delete the opposite

4) set SL/TP in a distance of the range value – so this system has RRR 1:1 without spread

for example today on GBPUSD M15 will be opened profitable sell trade on 1.25056 with SL 1.25268 and TP 1.24844 – range is 21 pips

thx, i tried it in algowizard but have no luck to do so…

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259594

Hello,

check the example attached. Tested on M15

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #259603

thx, i will take a look at it…

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #259640

hi Tomas, i put the EA to GBPUSD M15 timeframe early this morning, but today no pending order was opened…

really dont know why, because it should open pending orders and another candle was sell break ended on TP…

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #259647

i tried also the backtest in MT platform by Tick Data Suite and no trades at all in the backtest

so there must be some bug in the code

Attachments:

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259707

Hello,

any errors in MT log? Works well, check the clip attached

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #259718

strange things happening, but if i try now, its working and backtesting

i found some logical flaws and i dont know if they can be resolved

try to test it on 5.3.2020 when the break should be on LONG side, but no BUYSTOP is opened and only sellstop is in place and not filled for so long – it seems that we have problem when breakout candle is ending on the high too close to our entrypoint

the same is in the backtest – you see – last trade only sellstop 26.3.2020, not filled so far – thats true, because GBPUSD is higher now, but the break accurs on long side, and its the same problem i think, that the close of our candle is on the high and the entry is filled rightaway – so its more like a market entry and we dont have time to put our buystop with tick move

any solution?

Attachments:

Conmariin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 54 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261885

A friend of mine made an EA similar to what you need. Its the Ranger Deluxe and it works quite good at Xauusd and Gbpjpy. Contact me here or at https://www.rabenesche.de

Xauusd

Gbpjpy

Automatisches Handeln mit Expert Advisor
https://www.rabenesche.de

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)