Trading profitable for 6 months

3 replies

Schutten

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 52 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240073

Hi,

After trading on a demo account for 6 months I finally can say that I have found a working method which is profitable.

One remark however, these systems are build with SQ3 and not SQ4. I have trouble building systems with the same filters as in SQ3. SQ4 seems more more restrictive for

some reason with the same filters. Are others experiencing this as well?

Regards,

Dennis

kainc301

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240076

Which filters are you finding to be more difficult on SQX?

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240081

Hey Dennis,

Funny enough, I find it the exact opposite, since SQX can go through many more strategies at the same time compared to SQ3, I’ve been getting many more optional candidates with SQX generation.

Anyway good job being profitable.

Though some of those fluctuations seem a bit too rough for me (is that 1500$ to almost 0 in one trade?), and it seems you were back to 0 after 3.5 months, and then went up again, making it a 50+% stagnation.

Also I am a bit confused with 37% growth, while having 3.6% monthly? Is the graph filtered?

Ilya

Schutten

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 52 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240093

Hi,

I am just using the basic filter like MC simulation and randomizing parameter settings. When using the same filters in SQ4 then I get less models. It seems that SQ4 is more restrictive while using the same filter settings. I read somewhere that more people are having the same issue with this.

The report from fxblue not filtered. The only difference is that the account in the beginning was using bigger lotsizes and more positions on the same symbol. From october last year I did not change anything and just let the system run.

The systems are based on a breakout systems, therefore alot of small losses and then a big profit.

serialhenry

Subscriber, customer, community, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #240277

thanks for posting your fxblue page Schutten.

I’ve been working slowly to build my portfolio of strategies and will eventually launch my portfolio, and hope to publish my own fxblue.

one quick observation I made was that your EURJPY strategies seem to stand out as a big loser. Have you thought about maybe stopping or reviewing the EURJPY strategies?

best of luck

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)