UseAccountBalance (Money Management) works in SQX, but not in Multicharts?

1 replies

Chris

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 6 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271551

SQX Support recently posted an excellent tutorial “How to build and backtest strategies in MultiCharts”. Following this tutorial, the times for and number of trades executed in both SQX and MC match, which is awesome.

Even so, I noticed that most of the other stats were off. After much troubleshooting, the issue seems to be that the “UseAccountBalance” flag in the exported Multicharts strategy does not work.

In my test strat, in SQX I set Money Management to “Stock Size by Price” with Use Account Balance set to Off so that it only trades up to the specified trade amount ($100,000 in this case). Screenshot of my settings is attached.

I’m including a screenshot of the last few trades from the SQX results. You can see it correctly only trades up to $100,000 (even though the balance by the end of the backtest timeframe is around $132,000).

However, running the same strat exported to Multicharts, while the trade times are identical, the quantity for each trade reflects using the whole account balance, and NOT just the initial balance of $100K. Screenshots of my Multicharts signal parameters (showing mmUseAccountBalance if set to False) and it’s trades (showing it IS using the whole account balance) are attached.

And this of course wildly throws off stats, the more time passes.

Any ideas how to get an exported Multicharts strat to obey UseAccountBalance flag? Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

ILSEOK OH

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #271654

InitialCapital = GetRTAccountEquity(GetAccountID());

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)