Using dynamic lot sizing in MT4 after strategy is generated ( % of balance )

4 replies

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260483

Hi,

(( Can someone please link me to the tutorial that covers this topic? That should give me what i need ))

After I build my strategy in SQX using fixed lots, i want to test it in MT4 with dynamic lot sizing.

In order to do this, i understand that i should make that selection when I generate the code (see attached)

However, when i then open the EA in MT4 and modify the percentage, i don’t see a change in the lot sizes.

Any ideas why?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260484

about what dynamic lot sizing you are talking?

the bet way is to retest your strategies in SQX using the MM you want and export the MQL code with that change, you dont need to modify anything

to retest strategies with different settings you can use “automatic retest” task in custom projects, where you can also can change the used MM

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #260491

Thanks for that information.

I will try the automatic retest for a final step of a custom project workflow.

Do you know if there’s a video / tutorial on exporting with changes to the code?

specifically, what is the expected effect of changing this option before you use the generated code?

(see attached picture)

Code export options

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #260524

I have tried setting the money management to use % of balance, but i get the same results as if I had picked lot size of 0.1

This is from within SQX, *and* when exported as MQL.

Is there some caveat to using this setting that I need to be aware of?

kasinath

Visit profile

3 years ago #260525

Problem solved.

I was actually trying to risk % of equity (not balance (bad idea), and it turns out that the way to do this is “% of account”.

I changed to this and it’s now sizing lots dynamically.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)