WALK-FORWARD-MATRIX – testing Multiplier and Period at the same time?

5 replies

Csaba

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266729

Hello Traders

We heard, that at Optimizations, there is no need to test Multiplier and Period at the same time. It is enough to test just the Multiplier. (Let say you have somewhere 4  * ATR/60/ then you optimize just the Multiplier, which is the 4 and you dont test the Period, which is the 60)

I have a strategy which has this:

Open Long order at (High(Main chart)[1] + (* BB Range(Main chart,20, 4, PRICE_CLOSE)[1])) Stop >>> here is the Multiplier = 1 and the Period = 20.

I am confused, because at the WFM at the recommended parameters are both checked-in. See the picture.
Question is: would not be enough just to check-in the Multiplier?

Thank you for your answer!

Best regards
Csaba

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266734

no automatic function could find out what is the “correct” setting – it has no AI

and anyways what is correct? who knows that…is there any prove of these ideas? or its that somebody write or said this…so its correct?

i am not doing any WFM or optimisations, because i dont trust that they can say something about the future performance of strats.

your question is something like that 1*BB20 could be the same of 0.5*BB40…so it doesnt make sense to optimise 2 values, because you will get “same” results through some combinations…but ho knows that?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #266737

So Hankeys

My question is….
Could we make a Skype-meeting? I would present my idea for you and I would be glad to hear some opinions.

Best regards
Csaba

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #266740

i can speak fluently only in czech language 🙂

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Csaba

Visit profile

3 years ago #266743

It is no problem.
Or an email adress?

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #266749

you can join the discord channel for SQX users – https://discord.gg/uEGgXpC

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)