15% performance-boost and 40% less memory-usage using GraalVM

63 replies

ivan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 235 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #267773

yes, i do honestly believe you that probably graalvm has nothing to do with that virus

i have several laptops in the family and none of them got infected, from time to time i use windows remote desktop connection, on the default port, but now i made several changes and i will make a complete image of the disk C just in case. I read that its technically possible to get a virus on the default port of RDP

i had windows restore enabled but the virus crippled several functions including restoring, so in such a case, only a separate complete image is of practical use

Timisoara, Romania
3900X 3.8 Ghz 12 cores, 64GB RAM DDR4 3000Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe

cloudsourcer

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #267814

Hi there, I would like to try this performance upgrade, could I please check if I need to delete the contents of the J64 folder and replace it will the unzipped files?

Also, is Enterprise Edition 20 stable or stick to 19? Not sure if I need Java 8 or 11 version, I am running Win 10 Pro.

thanks

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 488 replies.

Visit profile

10 months ago #267817

java 11, version 20 whatever – yes, you will delete or better rename the original “j64” folder and unzipt the content from graal zip inside it and restart SQX

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Waid

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

9 months ago #268938

Does it shipped to B130?

I just see this post and now open up  SQX’s j64 folder’s readme file. It state that it is openJDK.

Does GraalVM problematical or something else, so that after several  month of people testing here conclude that it is not suitable to ship to new version of SQX?

hankeys

Visit profile

9 months ago #268939

i think it will not be shipped with SQX, because of licensing…so you need to try it for yourself and see what difference you could achieve on your PC specs…you can see our benchmark we have made

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Jim Lin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 10 replies.

Visit profile

6 months ago #269997

Hi, Guys

Just now, I compare to SQX 131 with the default java and the one with graaivm java, no much speed up though….

Wondering if SQX 131 has java improved already ?

neilrickaby

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270706

Tried this using: graalvm-ee-java11-21.1.0 on SQX Build 131.659, with no luck! Any help would be appreciated. Error was persistent, I tried many restarts!

Tamas

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 73 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270709

Hello,

it will work after deleting the files below from j64 folder

\j64\languages\nfi\builder\svm-none.jar;
\j64\languages\nfi\truffle-nfi-none.jar;

SQ team, Tamas

Conmariin

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 32 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270722

For all who want to use graalvm: Take the 21.1 java version 11 not version 16.

This produces that error (in my case on Linux):

If you take version 11, than it works fine after a restart of SQ. Before this you should delete

\j64\languages\nfi\builder\svm-none.jar;
\j64\languages\nfi\truffle-nfi-none.jar;

as Tamas already said.

Automatisches Handeln mit Expert Advisor
https://www.rabenesche.de

neilrickaby

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270710

Tried this using: graalvm-ee-java11-21.1.0 on SQX Build 131.659, with no luck! Any help would be appreciated. Error was persistent, I tried many restarts!

I actually managed to get this working, thanks to info on the Discord server, using the package: graalvm-ee-java11-windows-amd64-20.0.0. But after testing I didn’t see any noticeable performance increase.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 months ago #270743

strange, because every user i know have performance boos with graal

Michael

Customer, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270800

I ran some tests this morning and observed interesting results.  I tested the original configuration of Build 131 against the enterprise edition Graalvm version 20.3.2 and 21.1.0 (both using v11).

The first thing I did was to compare benchmarks and took the best out of three tests for each.

Then I did 500 trend strategy test using all three for both the random and genetic modes.

To sum it up, the original configuration did better than using either 20.3.2 or 21.1.0 on the benchmark tests and there wasn’t any real difference for the other tests…

I’ve attached a few pictures to show direct comparisons.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 445 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270802

Michael

Customer, bbp_participant, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 months ago #270813

Thanks Karish for sharing the spreadsheet and link.

I just updated the sheet with my tests and now I see a difference, and what a difference it actually is.  For me, the best improvement was 43% – going from 454.2k strategies per hour to 651.7k!!!!!

YuL

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #270929

I wonder if there is a difference in performance between Linux and Windows versions due to operating systems. Did anyone try to compare them?

Linux does not have a problem using more than 64 cores in one application as on Windows, so it may be a better alternative overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

1 2 3 4 5