Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>15% performance-boost and 40% less memory-usage using GraalVM

• #260480 |
    Customer
    430 Posts

I am running SQX129 with 20.1.1, no issues here. Whats the error you are getting?

Customer
    611 Posts

in this logfile is something stated

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hankeys.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Customer
    430 Posts

Your command line is a mess, look at the log file:

Command Line: -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+EnableJVMCIProduct -XX:-UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=1 -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx6g -XX:+UseParallelGC com.strategyquant.strategyquant.SQStarter

Stick to just using:

-server -Xmx26000m

and replace the 26000 with however many megabytes you want to assign. Should work fine after that adjustment.

Customer
    611 Posts

i am not using any CL, i just only start SQX with icon – so this must be some devteam setting, not mine

with v20.0.0 i have no problem at all, but with the newest one v20.1.1 nothing happens and only the logfile is created in the SQX directory

i will try also on my server what will happen there, just trying on the second machine

You want to be a profitable algotrader? Sharing of final strategies with real traders just started. Fill in this FORM. 1500+ final SQ3 and SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX and DOW JONES, because we have realtick data from brokers.

Conmariin
    Customer
    114 Posts

Thanks Geektrader for this hint! :)

I changed to the open GraalVM on my VPS with Intel and can confirm the improvements: Faster creating strategies and 50% less RAM consumption! Great! :)

An error at starting up sqx with the original VM, but this didn’t have an effect on working with sqx it starts well though, vanish after implementing the new Graal VM. But I don’t know if it is related to.

Conni

Automatisches Handeln mit Expert Advisor
    https://www.rabenesche.de

Customer
    430 Posts

Great to hear that mein Freund ;-)

Try the Enterprise Edition as described above, this is even faster.

Auf Wiedersehen :-)

Customer
    94 Posts

Hello Traders

I am using now GraalVM 20.2 (Java 11) Enterprise Edition and I can also confirm, that I see also an appr. +20-25% boost in the number of the hourly generated strategies.

Brg, Csaba

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.