My EA creating by me doesn’t run. Please Help!

12 replies

Zargosz11

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #112057

I have built an EA with SQ EA Wizard 2.0.1. I want to run my EA in MT4. My EA appears in grey colours between in experts folder but doesn’t run. The smiling face doesn’t appear and there is no error massage. The SQ says the source code is valid. I don’t know what the problem is. The ‘simple MACD’ EA build-in MT4 works. I followed the instructions written in the User’s Guide but a simple EA (EMA-s cross- built in SQ) doesn’t work in my MT4 too. I have bought the SQ EA Wizard two months ago but I can’t use my EA built with it.

Please help me!

Best regards!

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #124104

Hello,

it would help if you could post your strategy here.

Have you tried to compile your strategy in MetaTrader? Just go to Tools -> MetaQuotes Language Editor.

Then find your EA in Experts, open it and click on Compile on the top.

If there isn’t any error this means that EA is correct and the problem is in something else. Otherwise please send it to me or tell me what the error message says and I’ll look at it.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Zargosz11

Visit profile

10 years ago #124135

Hello Marc,

I have compiled my EA in MQ4 and there is three errors. I send you my strategy. What is the problem with it? Please, correct it!I want to use it on real account but it doesn’t run!Thanks!

Best regards

Mark Fric

Visit profile

10 years ago #124183

Hello,

it seems you are using old version of EA Wizard, that’s the reason for errors. We made some fixes in the EA code generator.

You can download patch here, just unzip it to your EA Wizard folder and overwrite the old files.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Zargosz11

Visit profile

10 years ago #124257

Hello,

I followed your instruction, but my EA still doesn’t run. I have compiled it in MQL4, and the errors still exist. I send my new EA built. What is the problem? Please help!I want to test my EA-s creating by me, but I can’t none of them. I am very disappointed.

Best regards.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

10 years ago #124263

Hello,

there are still the same errors in the code, have you applied the patch I attached?

These problems are fixed for a log time, you only need to apply the patch to EA Wizard. Or if you don’t know how to do it then re-download and re-install EA Wizard from our website,

and then regenerate the EA with the new version.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Zargosz11

Visit profile

9 years ago #124311

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the help!My EA works. 🙂 Could you tell me how can I set the trading hours? I mean if the condition is true at determined time on chart (for example 07:00) only then enter the EA at market.It is possible to give more determined time (morning end evening at the same day)? How can I build in EA a determined timeframe (for example 20:00-22:00) to evaluate the given trade rules only at that timeframe?

Many thanks again.

matka

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 186 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #124314

settings / strategy options / trading logic / limit signals to time range

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #124365

the problem is that this thread is about EA Wizard, but it is in SQ forum, I’m moving it to EA Wizard.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #124366

in EA Wizard you can use time conditions like Hour > something, or Time() > GetTime(8, 45, 0)

So all you need to do is to add these conditions to your rules.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Zargosz11

Visit profile

9 years ago #124554

Hello,

Sorry, I don’t unterstand. I have bought SQ EA Wizard and I use this program. The EA Wizard is an other program what I have to buy to modifier my SQ EA with Time Conditions? Sorry, my bad englisch and my less knowledge too. I am a beginner.

best regards,

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #124620

Hello,

EA Wizard is SQ EA Wizard, it is the same product, just sometimes we add Q in the beginning of its name.

StrategyQuant (not EA Wizard) is a different program, as I checked your license you have EA Wizard.

In EA Wizard you can edit the trading rules, so set up your time conditions as same as you create any other trading conditions.

Or post your strategy here and I’ll make it there as an example.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

JTamas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 26 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #124628

Hi Zargosz,

I attached the time conditions, you were asking about. Its actually faster to make it then to type it in here. If you want several periods during the day, I recomend you to do the oher periods as a different rule with different magic numbers.

Or you can just run the same ea in another chart with different time settings.

Good luck,

T

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)