Sample on Multiple timeframe strategy creation

1 replies

kael

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 12 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112540

Hi,

I’m not sure this is the right forum section to post or not but i have a problem need your help.

I have just purchased EA wizard. I tried few ways to create Multiple timeframe strategy but it seems not right.

Appreciate if SQ to provide sample in video on how to create multiple timeframe strategy.

For example:

Once i found signal at h1 timeframe (doji outside bollinger band) meaning reversal signal then i wait for entry signal in 15M to pull back to sell few lots.

Thanks. 

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126188

Hello,

what exactly are the difficulties you have when using multi timeframe strategy?

You don’t know how to create it or when you create it it doesn’t work as expected?

Generally you should attach your strategy to the chart you’ll be trading – if you’ll be trading on 15 min chart you should attach the EA to 15 min chart.

This EA can then check additional conditions on higher timeframes. To do that just choose the right Timeframe property of an indicator.

I’m attaching a sample of EMA Cross strategy with added multi timeframe rule – each rule checks if faster EMA crosses above/below slower EMA, and also if current pen price is higher than SMA from H4 timeframe. 

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)