Not logged in
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums>EA Wizard>Application Support>Custom Indicator load to SQ error

• #112692 |
    Participant
    7 Posts

Hi Mark,

I am new here and try the demo SQ when i can use Custom Indicators i will buy the program, i will load a Custom Indicator but have the follow error after DATA IMPORT AUTOMATIC

‘”SQ is unable to write to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK,the folder is read-only.

Try to save into another directory.”

I choose for-Metatrader directory: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK

-MetaTrader data folder:C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK\MQL4\indicators

-Symbol in MetaTrader  EURUSD

Is it also possible to load ex4 files Custum Indicators when i not have the MQL4 file?

Greets Andre

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Administrator
    3147 Posts

Hello,

Program Files folder is write-protected and SQ cannot write the required batch file there. 

If you want to use automatic imports you have to reinstall your MT4 to some other folder,for example C:\Trading\MetaTrader-Alpari UK

Import is not dependent on indicator source code, so it will work also for indicators for which you don’t have MQL4 file.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Participant
    7 Posts

Thanks Mark,i will try this evening i plan to buy SQ can i install it on portable hard disc and use it than on more than one pc with the hard disc than. I see here users use 2 or more SQ on more hard discs is that with one licence code or you must give more licence code for to do that.

Administrator
    3147 Posts

Hello Andre,

you can get a second trial license to test SQ on another computer, that should work.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Participant
    7 Posts

Hi Mark,

Have still problems with load Custom Indicator i delete now Metatrader out PROGRAM FILES and install again in new folder on C:\ and give error again” can’t write and the folder is either full or read only.

What can i do now?

Administrator
    3147 Posts

Hello,

it seems there is still problem writing to the MetaTrader folder. Have you configured it correctly? Could you post some screenshots here ?

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Participant
    36 Posts

Running SQ as Administrator solved it for me.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  mantadiver.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.