Custom Indicator load to SQ error

6 replies

AndreT

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 7 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112692

Hi Mark,

I am new here and try the demo SQ when i can use Custom Indicators i will buy the program, i will load a Custom Indicator but have the follow error after DATA IMPORT AUTOMATIC

‘”SQ is unable to write to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK,the folder is read-only.

Try to save into another directory.”

I choose for-Metatrader directory: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK

-MetaTrader data folder:C:\ProgramFiles(x86)MetaTrader-Alpari UK\MQL4\indicators

-Symbol in MetaTrader  EURUSD

Is it also possible to load ex4 files Custum Indicators when i not have the MQL4 file?

Greets Andre

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #126733

Hello,

Program Files folder is write-protected and SQ cannot write the required batch file there. 

If you want to use automatic imports you have to reinstall your MT4 to some other folder,for example C:\Trading\MetaTrader-Alpari UK

Import is not dependent on indicator source code, so it will work also for indicators for which you don’t have MQL4 file.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

AndreT

Visit profile

9 years ago #126736

Thanks Mark,i will try this evening i plan to buy SQ can i install it on portable hard disc and use it than on more than one pc with the hard disc than. I see here users use 2 or more SQ on more hard discs is that with one licence code or you must give more licence code for to do that.

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #126739

Hello Andre,

you can get a second trial license to test SQ on another computer, that should work.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

AndreT

Visit profile

9 years ago #126741

Hi Mark,

Have still problems with load Custom Indicator i delete now Metatrader out PROGRAM FILES and install again in new folder on C:\ and give error again” can’t write and the folder is either full or read only.

What can i do now?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #126865

Hello,

it seems there is still problem writing to the MetaTrader folder. Have you configured it correctly? Could you post some screenshots here ?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mantadiver

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201383

Running SQ as Administrator solved it for me.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)