Need someone’s help bad on 3 questions

1 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112908

I have been at this for about a month now and just can’t figure it out. I keep getting frustrated b/c their is no clear education on working this and reaching out for the last time before quitting.

#1.) I can’t figure out how to set it to only trade 1 trade per candle. I know I need variables but confused on how to set them. Just can’t figure it out.

#2.) Simple EMA, IF EMA 50 is greater than EMA 100 and the bid price goes below 100 how to execute a long order? I set my parameters as such but its not executing trade when bid goes below 100? Once again can’t figure out how to set properly.

#3.) Once a strategy is reached say when on a 4 hr chart the candle closes above the Bollinger band, how do I set my parameters to say that I want to execute a trade ONLY when the next candle is reached and closed and entry will be on open of candle after red candle?

Your help would be greatly appreciated if someone can walk me through this as im tired of giving up on this due to lack of education tutorials.

PLEASE HELP

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127627

I believe there is enough tutorials and videos about EA Wizard, I initially thought it is so intuitive it doesn’t need any help at all. 

But you need to learn to think little bit in programming logic. You don’t need to know programming, but you have to be able to express your ideas in simple conditions.

It seems simple for me as I’m programmer, but I understand it could be difficult for somebody.

1) set variable to 1 when you open the trade, and then set it again to 0 when new bar starts.

2) it should work, I’d have to see your strategy to see what is wrong

3) you can probably use Shift for this – start with the candle on which you want to enter the trade, and add conditions to check if candle crossed BB in the past bars (using Shift)

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)