Renko Bricks

3 replies

beniko

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 31 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112995

Hello. I would really like the EA wizard to support Renko Bricks. How difficult would it be to add them? I have seen interesting strategies that use Renko Bricks and I want to build them.

A very short example of how I imagine using them is: if two red bricks in a row occur go short…

ssdex

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 99 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127938

I’ve been using EA Wizard on Renko bricks. It has been working very nicely. 

IF Open[1] < Close[1]

and Open[2] < Close[2]

and Open[3] < Close[3]

THEN

I’m very new to this and it has been pretty easy to hack through it. Hope this helps. You can also search in the forum for Renko bars. That’s where I started. 

Happy New Year!

beniko

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 31 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127983

thank you ssdex, i did find some info in other topics.

i understand in order to create an ea for renko charts i would have to do the following:

*find an existing EA that generates M2 renko carts in offline mode

*create an EA with the wizard and I am going to use normally the price points: Open High Low Close which are being used for candelsticks, and they are going to work on the renko bar as well

*i will create the Renko chart with the first EA-renko chart generator

*i will place the created EA that is intended to be used on Renko charts on the M2-offline-renko chart

is that about it?

ssdex

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 99 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127984

Beniko

That is what I’ve done so far and the EA has performed perfectly. In the forum they recommend the AZ-Invest Renko Bricks. I have their Median Bar but not the Renko Bricks. I have another Renko Bar plugin and it works very well. So, not sure about the compatibility of other Renko Bricks.

Good luck on your ventures.

James

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)