SL hidden ? if hidden, may it fails ?

2 replies

tamax

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113000

Hi,

I am testing some strategies made with SQ and I have a doubt with the SL management. All the strategies generated and currently tested in MT4 have a mandatory SL, but curiously it is defined on only 2 of the 5, it seems hidden on the other 3 (see red mark in the attached file). What is the criteria for hidden/public SL ?

The other doubt is if it is actually working because I have a loss on a strategy that sould have been cut before according to the parameters (see green mark).

Strategy is trading 5 lots with a 25 pips SL, which should be $1,250. However the loss is currently 1,652€. Am I doing bad math?

Thanks for the help.

File: SL.pngSL.png

tamax

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #127957

I think I found a clue in MT4 journal. It seems that the server returned an error when the EA tried to modify the order (see attached file). I have new doubts then, if it fails, the EA does not try again? Could it happen on a live account? Is there a way to be notified?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128020

we recently released an autoupdate for SQ that adds more robust SL handling, so this shouldn’t happen now if you generated your EAs after the autoupdate.

Anyway, this is an issue of broker, if connection is lost during the time when EA sets SL it could still happen. Make sure you use reliable broker and that you have good internet connection.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)