Max Slippage Fixed?

3 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113033

Ever so often my EA will execute my take profit in the opposite direction of the trade due to slippage. My max slippage is set to 3, I know previously their was not a way to protect yourself but I am wondering if anyone has found another way or updated way on stopping the slippage?

My slippage was 3 in a particular short position but the EA executed my exit trade 8 pips above my short price which ultimately ended in a loss. If anyone knows a way or update on how to stop this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128166

Hello,

slippage settings might not work properly for SL orders, because they are stop orders.

This means they are triggered when price reaches stop level and then it buys or sells at current market price.

If price is moving very fast it can trigger stop, and then move more so your market order will be executed at worse price, regardless of your slippage settings.

I don’t see any protection against that, except using good broker.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128172

Being as I am in the U.S., do you have a broker that you know of that many people like? I am currently with FOREX.COM , FXCM.COM & OANDA.COM.. If you know any other good brokers that allow US Retail clients I would love the feedback. Thanks

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128321

sorry, I have no information about brokers that accept US clients. But the brokers you mentioned are quite good, I think you don’t need another one.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)