A Thank You!

9 replies

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113036

Hi StrategyQuant Team,

I just wanted to say BIG BIG thanks for having made StrategyQuant. This is, by far, the MOST complete genetic trading system building application that I´ve ever used and at a VERY affordable price.

I am developing trading systems (by coding and light genetic evolution ideas I´ve implemented in MT4) since 2007 and have been on almost any platform out there to try as an alternative to somehow being able to do genetic evolution of trading systems. So I´ve been with Tradestation, Multicharts, Adaptrade Builder, MT4, MT5, Ninja Trader, AMI Trader, Tradable, cTrader, Seed, etc etc.  All of them had there advantages, but also MANY shortcomings which prevented my ideas from happening and the developers not wanting to add the requested features.

Then the day came when I discovered StrategyQuant (in an earlier version) and have since watched it´s evolution. You have to understand that I am a VERY picky guy in terms of what I need from such a program to have. Not having one feature I really require renders a whole application useless for me sometimes. So I have made a good list of suggestions and have most of them seen to be implemented by you guys – also ideas from the other users have been added as I´ve seen. That´s just really great, because some developers put a half assed product on the market which is good but because of the lack of one feature can´t be used effectively and they are not going to implement it even if users demand for it.

Anyhow, there is almost everything I can ask for in SQ. Portfolio evolution, robustness tests, tons of indicators and entry options, multi threaded, no limit on RAM usage, with v4 no more limit on amount of additional pairs being used, it´s just AMAZING, at least for me. It´s really clear that you guys put LOGIC in it also in terms of available options for the building, with slippage and all these small things that others miss but that are important and that I´ve always wanted. It´s just great.

The only thing I am missing in 3.8 (beside being able to use unlimited amount of additional pairs for the evolution) is the usage of a custom fitness function, because I´d like to use “Profit / Standard Deviation ratio” instead of “Profit / Drawdown ratio”. But Mark also said that this is coming with V4, so that I could even using something like “Profit / Standard Deviation * Profit Factor” (that´s they way I do it in my MT4 optimizations via the custom fitness function).

Concluded: this is BY FAR the best strategy builder I´ve EVER used and it´s just going to get better with V4 as I hear!! Big big thanks to the developers and also for charging such a MORE THAN FAIR price for such a MONSTER 🙂

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128141

Hello Lorenz,

thank you very much for your nice words, you made my day 🙂

I’m really glad that you – users like our program,thi sis why we are developing it.

We are working really hard to make it better every day. I know the development is sometimes slow, but we are a small company with limited resources.

I wish everybody success in life in general and also in trading, with or without StrategyQuant 🙂

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128144

Hi Mark,

you are more than welcome and someone HAD to say it. I see so many people complaining here (sure bugs need to be fixed, I also reported some) and so few giving you praise for where you have come to so far already!

Slow? Haha, MT4 is being developed SLOW and they don´t care about user input and still don´t have multi-threading and don´t listen to the features their traders want, not SQ;) SQ is actually being developed very fast for my taste and the most important thing: you add things that your users wants and fix the bugs they report!

Keep it up, this is really something unique and with time it will become even better, I am sure!

Thanks again!

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128150

Indeed! Mark has “shot” into high demand – low supply level of software. Of course forex robots creation software isn’t easy to make just “like that”. 

Why MT4 isn’t developed? Because they don’t want to anyone create strategies that fast like in SQ 🙂

I think, Mark, You have from all of us help in any case needed. We all ride on same train. 🙂

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Batch

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 398 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128191

Hi StrategyQuant Team,

I just wanted to say BIG BIG thanks for having made StrategyQuant. This is, by far, the MOST complete genetic trading system building application that I´ve ever used and at a VERY affordable price.

I am developing trading systems (by coding and light genetic evolution ideas I´ve implemented in MT4) since 2007 and have been on almost any platform out there to try as an alternative to somehow being able to do genetic evolution of trading systems. So I´ve been with Tradestation, Multicharts, Adaptrade Builder, MT4, MT5, Ninja Trader, AMI Trader, Tradable, cTrader, Seed, etc etc.  All of them had there advantages, but also MANY shortcomings which prevented my ideas from happening and the developers not wanting to add the requested features.

Then the day came when I discovered StrategyQuant (in an earlier version) and have since watched it´s evolution. You have to understand that I am a VERY picky guy in terms of what I need from such a program to have. Not having one feature I really require renders a whole application useless for me sometimes. So I have made a good list of suggestions and have most of them seen to be implemented by you guys – also ideas from the other users have been added as I´ve seen. That´s just really great, because some developers put a half assed product on the market which is good but because of the lack of one feature can´t be used effectively and they are not going to implement it even if users demand for it.

Anyhow, there is almost everything I can ask for in SQ. Portfolio evolution, robustness tests, tons of indicators and entry options, multi threaded, no limit on RAM usage, with v4 no more limit on amount of additional pairs being used, it´s just AMAZING, at least for me. It´s really clear that you guys put LOGIC in it also in terms of available options for the building, with slippage and all these small things that others miss but that are important and that I´ve always wanted. It´s just great.

The only thing I am missing in 3.8 (beside being able to use unlimited amount of additional pairs for the evolution) is the usage of a custom fitness function, because I´d like to use “Profit / Standard Deviation ratio” instead of “Profit / Drawdown ratio”. But Mark also said that this is coming with V4, so that I could even using something like “Profit / Standard Deviation * Profit Factor” (that´s they way I do it in my MT4 optimizations via the custom fitness function).

Concluded: this is BY FAR the best strategy builder I´ve EVER used and it´s just going to get better with V4 as I hear!! Big big thanks to the developers and also for charging such a MORE THAN FAIR price for such a MONSTER 🙂

I post quote to further this applause!
Especially in lite of my discovery how Improver is phenomenal! When you think you got to something good, try Improver for heck of it, you should be amazed! I had one hot strategy, ran it in Improver, ended up hotter than hot, every characteristic improved (always the exception is quantity of trades of course considering its a new filter).
Previously I even found multiple passes thru Improver is ongoing improvements! As in holy smokes!
Looking forward to v4 from your incredible SonarBytes!
Jerry

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129210

Just wanted to mention it too

to mark and to the developers team, god bless you guys, you are doing a revolution in that industry, there is nothing like this at the market,

enjoying every minute from the trial,

gonna purchase it as soon as ill have the money for it :), worth every penny and i see a very bright future for SQ 🙂

thank you!

ytu

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 23 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129450

To Mark and the Team… God bless you all  !    🙂

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134406

SQ has been the best piece of software I have ever purchased.  So looking forward to the extra flexibility and extendability of SQ4.  🙂

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134407

thank you all for your kind words, this is why we make the software for – to offer the best possible software solution and to have happy users who appreciate it, and (not in the least case) make money with it.

I also want to thank you for your patience with the development of new SQ 4.

I know it is going very slow, and we should have a presentable Beta version already, but things are much more complicated that expected.

But I want to assure you that the development is going forward quite quickly, and we will show it to you very soon. 

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134419

Hi Mark,

it is normal in the Software development.

I am a software developer too. Most times it takes longer than expected.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)