Stochtastic Signal

6 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113230

Can someone please help me understand how to set this signal.

If I want a particular strategy to trade when Stochtastic 10 (%K period) is below Stochtastic 3 (%D period) how would I tell it to do so?

I know how to set the stochtastic parameters but im confused as how to only tell it about being above or below 3 (%D period)??

Just can’t seem to find out this setting or parameter.

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128562

May be you can custom kd indicator, %K below %D is true, not is false.

stocktastic indicator is a swing, not trend indicator.

I wonder that you could get a profitable strategy using KD only.

But good luck to you.

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

9 years ago #128564

Understood but their is a particular signal for entering a trade but one of the conditions would be Stoch 10 would have to be under Stoch 3 but I just don’t know how I would tell it to make sure that is one of the conditions?

So how would you suggest I go about doing it as you stated “custom kd indicator, %K below %D is true, not is false”?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128573

if I understand correctly you want this Stochastic rule to be a part of the strategy. You can do it by using strategy editor. Click on Create strategy icon in toolbar and specify your rule.

Then save this strategy and use Improver – SQ will then create random strategies that will contain this one rule + some random rules.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

9 years ago #128591

Marc, I cannot find where strategy editor is. I do not see a create strategy icon in toolbar. I only have EA Wizard, is it available in EA Wizard?

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

9 years ago #128592

Marc,

Nevermind, I think I may have a way to get it. I am going to study the 4.4 Manually adding new custom indicator section of the manual and try it from here, this is where I should be able to create it correct?

Also is their a way to tell a strategy if market is Long/Short for the day meaning market is up or down for day to do a certain buy or sell position as long as no positions are open at the moment?

Example: If EUR/USD for the time being is green candle or up for the day I want a strategy to go long but if it drops and is now below or down for day I want strategy to short a position?

Thanks for your help in advance

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128830

ok, it is even simpler in EA Wizard. EA Wizard itself is a strategy editor. You can find Stochastic indicator among standard indicators, so it is easy to compare its values.

I’m attaching a simple Stoch strategy.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)