Create EA in EA Wizard, then improve in SQ?

8 replies

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113238

Could someone please explain how to do this if it’s possible? It looks like the files are different between the two programs and there are not enough features in SQ to write the EA.

Thanks!

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128608

it is true, SQ uses fixed strategy format, it is not as flexible as EA Wizard. It is not possible to create strategy in EA Wizard and then run it in SQ.

This will improve in the new version 4 that is currently in development.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #128620

Hi Mark any idea when this will be released?

Also, in the meantime is there any way to use Weekly and Monthly values in SQ written EA?

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #128653

Also, when I use a strategy created in SQ and try to improve it.. it won’t let me go ahead if i just select ‘add’ and forces me to use ‘add or replace. 

Is there any way around this? (pictures attached)

File: sq1.jpgsq1.jpg
File: sq2.jpgsq2.jpg

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #128654

it is true, SQ uses fixed strategy format, it is not as flexible as EA Wizard. It is not possible to create strategy in EA Wizard and then run it in SQ.

This will improve in the new version 4 that is currently in development.

This will be mega huge improvement Mark. Power with You! 🙂

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #128747

Also, when I use a strategy created in SQ and try to improve it.. it won’t let me go ahead if i just select ‘add’ and forces me to use ‘add or replace. 

Is there any way around this? (pictures attached)

Mark could you please advise on this?

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #128807

nolube – according to error message the engine is not able to generate new strategies using the selected configuration. It could be a small bug or a problem in configuration.

Could you post your strategy here or send it to me so I can look at it?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #128860

Hi Mark thanks for getting back to me, I know you’re a busy man so I really appreciate it.

Here is the strategy… basically I want the system to only take longs above yesterdays close, and shorts below it.

I would like to expand this further by adding the same rule for monthly and weekly but I don;t think that’s possible in SQ…

File: D.str

Mark Fric

Visit profile

9 years ago #128900

hmm, it seems there is a bug, it really doesn’t allow using only add, while it should.

but unfortunately, you’ll have to wait until new version 4 for fix, we stopped work on the current version.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)