Custom Indicator Import Help

3 replies

toddone46

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113390

Creating EA and testing it based on custom indicators I have would be absolutely fantastic.  I’m using the free trial for SQ to try and do this but I am having trouble loading the custom indicator and testing as I keep getting error messages.  I don’t think there are enough input parameters, or I’m entering the code wrong in SQ’s EA.

I tried to attach a screenshot but even that gave me an error.  The indicator only has one input value for the Amplitude that ranges from  1- 4, but the timeframe and settings I’m using are 1hr and Amplitude 2.  How exactly do I write the code for that in SQ’s EA for extracting custom indicator data?

Thanks,

Todd

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129118

Hello,

it is difficult to find out what’s wrong without more information.

Attachment uploads should be fixed now, please try again. If it still doesn’t work you can send it to me by email.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

toddone46

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129355

Hello,

it is difficult to find out what’s wrong without more information.

Attachment uploads should be fixed now, please try again. If it still doesn’t work you can send it to me by email.

Hi Mark,

I sent you an email on this as well:

I was able to get a good EA developed from that indicator you helped me with – thanks again!  And so I was able to do two others as well.  So I’m good now with the EA Wizard.  So I’m hoping you can help me with doing the same for Strategy Quant – if possible.  The problem I’m having is that I can’t get any input values for the indicator through GenBuilder as I’m sure I’m not entering the indicator code right (see attachment 1).  I assume I need many more lines of code, perhaps it’s the code the developer gave me (attachment 2)?  I assume I have to copy it all exactly as it’s written, but since I can’t cut and paste it I wanted to ask you for some guidance before I manually entered it all in.

Thanks,
Todd

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129356

Hello Todd,

you are actually doing it correctly, just uncomment the line value1 = iCustom(…)

The // characters in the beginning mean that this line is ignored. So delete these // in front of the values and you should export it correctly.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)