Not logged in
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • #110794 |
    Participant
    9 Posts

Do you need a different magic number for each pair you trade with the same EA?

Symbol and time frame are set to ‘Current’ on the rules does this matter?

Eg. Go long magic number 100 on AUDUSD Trade if the Ea opens a trade on the EURUSD with a Magic number of 100 as well do the 2 trades get confused?

Cheers Lee

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

Hello Lee,

yes, you should use unique magic number for every pair that you trade with the same EA.
    The way it is made is that the order is recognized only by magic number, the symbol is not taken into account.

regards,

Mark

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Participant
    1 Posts

[b]There is provision to enter different magic number for sell and buy orders but where do I enter magic number for the pairs that will use the same EA?[/b]
    [b]Such I create EA with same strategy for each pair I will be trading?[/b]

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

Hello,

the EA distinguishes between symbols, so if the same EA trades for example on EURUSD and GBPUSD the orders are considered separately for each currency.

Mark

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Participant
    11 Posts

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the magic numbers set up?

I have magic numbers set up in the the THEN rules so buy and sell orders are recognised differently by the EA, they seem to be working.

But what I really want is to set up a magic number parameter (in the STRATEGY PARAMETERS section), this way I can try out two different settings of the EA on same symbol, eg GBPUSD and then use myfxbook custom analysis to see which is working better in forward analysis.

Can someone please explain how I set up the magic number parameter so the EA recognises the trades of each chart separately?

Many thanks.

SM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.